News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"North American" made fuel sender for real?

Started by JerseyJoe, August 20, 2019, 11:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerseyJoe

Anybody have this sender from BPE? https://www.bperacing.com/inc/sdetail/5579/6938
I haven't heard of anything but overseas made (junk)
$100 more than the Ebay ones but I'd be interested if it really works.

Kern Dog

I don't see any claims that it is any better or more accurate than the crap we have been offered before.
It would be great if it IS better. I'd be willing to spend more to get better quality.

Jonas_N

Quote from: Kern Dog on August 21, 2019, 12:02:58 AM
I don't see any claims that it is any better or more accurate than the crap we have been offered before.
It would be great if it IS better. I'd be willing to spend more to get better quality.

Amen to that.
The time spent bending/adjusting the repop one......

JerseyJoe

Just noticed the plastic float and no sock in the pic.

Kern Dog

Quote from: Jonas_N on August 21, 2019, 02:36:06 AM

Amen to that.

That is only part of the problem. The other is the Rheostat design. OEM Mopars used an elliptical curve. All the new ones are linear. In a 68-70 tank, 9.5 gallons is a half tank but these senders can send a signal that shows anywhere from 3/8 to 3/4 of a tank on the gauge. It sucks ass from the top of the crack to the back of the sack.

Ghoste

And it seems like such an easy thing to address.

Jonas_N

Quote from: Kern Dog on August 21, 2019, 11:59:26 PM
Quote from: Jonas_N on August 21, 2019, 02:36:06 AM

Amen to that.

That is only part of the problem. The other is the Rheostat design. OEM Mopars used an elliptical curve. All the new ones are linear. In a 68-70 tank, 9.5 gallons is a half tank but these senders can send a signal that shows anywhere from 3/8 to 3/4 of a tank on the gauge. It sucks ass from the top of the crack to the back of the sack.

Did some reading about that, lucky I saved my old one.