News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So, for the 2nd time in about a week, the question has been raised: Is it Legit?

Started by xs29j8Bullitt, August 21, 2019, 07:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xs29j8Bullitt

The object of that  derisive comment being the 1969 440 Daytona that I have owned for almost 40 years.  First on Facebook where "Jack who knows not Jack" awoke from a long Wind Tunnel's nap, and started talking before the alarm quit buzzing... causing a group cringe.   No matter who tried to tried to save Jack from his Whale size mouth, he kept on experting...

Exhibit #1 - The Screenshot from the Facebook posts

And now today a very nice gentleman that was interested in buying my Daytona, and I believe that we were very close to agreement on a mutually acceptable deal.... Suddenly sent me an email saying that he had decided to pass on the Daytona.  After I inquired if we could talk on the phone for a few minutes, he emailed this statement... I was shell-shocked, absolutely STUNNED!

Allen. I'd like to have a Daytona but there's something's there that sends a red flag. The car probably is legit, but without the numbers matching there's questions. Why would the car be blue in the back half and red in the front. You said the tag says red. Strange to me.

So, Question 1 - Is my Daytona "Legit"?  Here is one of the threads on the Daytona:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,85375.0.html

After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

taxspeaker

Wow-what can be said about this Jack Renski troll? Good luck down the road with the Daytona I guess, sorry to hear about the non-issue!
Bob

Ghoste

hemi68charger

Allen,
Don't worry about the people who pass on it because they think it is something it is not ( for some unknown, probably rookie, point of view, they are clueless ). You and everyone that know you know the car is real. Seen in multiple times, nuff said.......... Totally his loss....  Keep the stiff upper lip and press on.......... One day he'll get a slap up side the head ( by himself ) when he realizes he missed out on a real car.....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

62 Max

billssuperbird

bannedbird

Allen, I think the red flag here is the prospective buyer.  Either has not done due diligence on your car's history (such as on this forum, DSAC, or NBOA/WW) or really didn't want to buy the car.  Try not to get too worked up over it.  As you can see from this thread, the experienced wing people feel your pain.  You have a good "Legit" car and a person that appreciates that will be the next owner.  My bird has b'cast & fender tag but wrong motor, but I'm happy with it.  Just hang in there.
- Superbird Steve - Chicago
1970 A13 E86 D32 B5 H2XW w/GIII, ITB, 6L85

moparstuart

Every Nut and troll who either can not afford it in the first place or wants you to sell it to them for 1/2 what it is worth will knock it . 
Keep doing what your doing toss it up on ebay  if it doesnt sell its great advertising and people will find you .   

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Birdflu

Quote from: bannedbird on August 22, 2019, 02:39:01 PM
I think the red flag here is the prospective buyer.  Either has not done due diligence on your car's history (such as on this forum, DSAC, or NBOA/WW) or really didn't want to buy the car.  Try not to get too worked up over it. 

100% agree!  :yesnod:

hemi68charger

Quote from: 62 Max on August 22, 2019, 07:52:35 AM
Here in lies the biggest part of the problem !   " FACEBOOK"

Facebook is as good, or bad, as the bozos that use it... I have found great utility with Facebook, opppps, soooo, am I the bozo?  :icon_smile_big:

... Just like any technology, you have to take it with a grain of salt and know there will be jerks out there...

It will actually help get the word out when there's a scam going on... a good way to disseminate information quickly to a wide audience.... 

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

F8-4life

If I owned a Daytona, first off I would not ever sell it, second, if I did I would tell people like that to hit the road.
He who has the Daytona holds all the cards.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: cdr on August 22, 2019, 07:45:10 PM
I wish I could buy it & it would stay in Tx

I think that would be great also, but it just isn't in the cards... the devil's brew of interacting chronic maladies that affect me is very costly to fight off...  For example, one drug that was taken off the Formulary went from $50 per month to $350 per month.

BTW, the Daytona may be soon leaving Texas to go "Bare" Huntin'...

mopar346

Well I just got through reading the entire other thread started in 2011. Tuff card to draw on your health, I wish you well. Obviously, at least to us, the guy worried about the rear being blue and the front being red has no clue what he was looking at. The pictures in the beginning of the other thread clearly shows plenty of red paint showing throw like any less than effective repaint of the time. Curious if you ever got the old dealer info, not that it would have anything to do with any of my cars but I love stuff like that being saved, I'm a lifetime dealership guy. Good luck with the car, it will sell to the right person at the right time, meanwhile just sit in the shop and stare at it and build it in your head a thousand times. I've enjoyed many hours of this myself on rainy days, no doubt many on here have. Never met you and chances are never will but thank you for sharing your cars with us all. Gods speed. :engel016:

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on August 22, 2019, 08:17:15 PM

I think that would be great also, but it just isn't in the cards... the devil's brew of interacting chronic maladies that affect me is very costly to fight off...  For example, one drug that was taken off the Formulary went from $50 per month to $350 per month.

..........Well, it's done .... in the coming months & years there will be more... It has enormous potential....

cdr

I think that would be great also, but it just isn't in the cards... the devil's brew of interacting chronic maladies that affect me is very costly to fight off...  For example, one drug that was taken off the Formulary went from $50 per month to $350 per month.

I understand, My MS meds are $6000.00 a month, Medicare only pays part of it. good luck with the sale, I hope you can keep your Health in check & enjoy the cars that you still have, my 68 Charger has saved my life.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

wingcar

This Jack Renski sounds like one of those "Car Show Experts"....you know the kind that walks by your Superbird and said "This or that is incorrect, and I know because I owned one of these "Superbee"
back in the day......."   

I wouldn't waste my time with Facebook....spend your time on something more important like "living in the real world"  and enjoying your car!
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

alfaitalia

Quote from: cdr on August 22, 2019, 09:50:43 PM

I understand, My MS meds are $6000.00 a month, Medicare only pays part of it. good luck with the sale, I hope you can keep your Health in check & enjoy the cars that you still have, my 68 Charger has saved my life.

Ouch!.....that's a lot of dough.l
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

fc7_plumcrazy

aerolith

Well done on the sale!

What is farcebook??? :shruggy:
Everyone knows that the internet is the 'Devils Playground'... :slap:

If you wanna sell a Wingcar, go to Moparmeet and sit in a deck chair with a 'Daytona FOR SALE' sign.

That way you will get a sensible buyer... :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :popcrn: :cheers:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623