News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger hood hinge springs

Started by Stringbender, August 21, 2019, 10:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stringbender

Hey guys anybody got a part # or a source for hood hinge springs? Not a resto so I'm fine with a parts house type spring if it works well. After years of looking I FINALLY found a killer steel hood on Craigslist. Can't wait to ditch my crappy fiberglass hood!

Stringbender

I can find plenty of new or used hinges complete with springs, but Nothing for just the springs anywhere. Anybody else go from a fiberglass hood to steel an NOT replace the whole hinge? After fighting the fiberglass hood I want to try an set up the steel one right. Ill replace the whole hinge if I have to, but the hinges are original to the car. So I'd like to just get the right springs. Thanks

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Stringbender

I'm about 30 miles east of stockton, in California.

cdr

Quote from: Stringbender on August 26, 2019, 11:01:25 AM
I'm about 30 miles east of stockton, in California.

Thanks,, thats to far from Texas, I have the springs you need & I need a glass hood, but shipping is to much.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Stringbender

Thanks for looking into it, an responding though CDR! Can't believe even classic industries doesn't have a 68-70 B body hinge springs for sale individually.

Stringbender

Wanted to shout out "Back N Black" for hooking me up with some springs. Guys like him are what make this site such an unbelievable resource for any charger owner. Thanks!

Lennard

Quote from: Stringbender on September 08, 2019, 09:33:53 PM
Wanted to shout out "Back N Black" for hooking me up with some springs. Guys like him are what make this site such an unbelievable resource for any charger owner. Thanks!
Great  :2thumbs: