News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

First Gen IP bulb replacement for turn signals

Started by Spartan, August 25, 2019, 12:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan

I have one of the turn signal bulbs working and one not in my 67 Charger dash.  I figured it was a burned out bulb so I bought some replacements and went under the the dash to pull the bulb holder like on my 69 but only thing I found was a hole.  I figured it was missing but there were no tabs to twist it on and off.  Anyone have an idea how to change these out without removing the dash and how to do it? This is the first time I am working under the 67 dash.

Thanks.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

A383Wing

it's not a twist in style like your other car....it's a round hole that has a socket that has the bulb that pushes into the hole.....it's the same as the other turn signal for the other side.....if your car has factory AC, you might have to pull the dash cluster....if no AC, then you can reach up and change the bulbs without pulling the dash.

Get a light, lay down under the dash and look up there, you should see the dangling socket under there

Bryan

Spartan

No AC so it's doable.  Thanks for the feedback Bryan.

Brian
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Spartan

Ok,  think I found it.  It was hanging loose under the dash.  I went to take it out of the holder and the bulb broke but the number on the stem said T57.  It's a bayonet style correct?

Spartan

Never mind, that was it.  I ran back to the store to get different bulbs.  I have been replacing them with LEDs but none were available there so I got the normal ones.  I plugged it into the hole and bingo, it works again.  Also found a wad of mouse house in the vent.  I wondered where all that junk was coming from...   it's probably a few years old since the car used to be at my dads and he didn't drive it much. I brought it home with me last summer and have driven it a lot lately, I must have shaken it loose.

Now to work up the nerve to tackle the hood flashers.... one works, one doesn't, but the lenses are original and cracked/faded. I worry about damaging the chrome on them if I mess up and good ones are impossible to find.

A383Wing

I put LED bulbs in my 66 dash turn signals.....they were way too bright....so I put the #57 bulb back in

The fender indicators are usually corroded under the front spear....be careful when removing that piece. New lenses are available, and new complete wiring kits are available also, you best be sitting down when you see the prices. The little bulb inside is a #330, hard to find in local part stores.....ebay has them.....and they are not all that bright during the daytime

Bryan

Spartan

It's the chrome trim that houses the lenses,  mine are in good shape and you can't find anything to replace them if one gets busted..