News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Here is what $5000 buys you.

Started by Kern Dog, August 26, 2019, 08:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

Yeah?
It seems that some car guys, IF they have the room, seem to hoard the classics. I knew of a guy that had something like 9 Corvairs in his yard. Yeah Corvairs !
I actually liked those cars as strange as the early ones looked!
CB restorations seems to Hoard rusty Chargers. He drives all over to buy them too.
For me, the A body platform was where I started. My first car was a 69 Dart and even though I always wanted a Charger, these dang Dusters, Darts and Valiants kept popping up for cheap prices.
I bought THIS car in 1995 when I was looking for a car to make a home movie:

Kern Dog

I had bigger plans for this car though....

Kern Dog

Yeah....It is a Plymouth Duster but I called it General Lee 2.
Silly, maybe stupid but I had MORE fun in that car than any other that I have owned before or after. I made 2 home movies with the car with all sorts of stunts, off road and on. I drove it just like Bo and Luke drove the real General Lee....EXCEPT I used another car for jumps. I bought a '74 Dart Sport and did an identical paint scheme to it. I made 4 short jumps with the car between 25 and 40 feet and 2 long jumps before the car was way too screwed up to move. The biggest jump was 11 feet in the air and 87 feet in distance. Nowhere near the distance the real TV crew did but still pretty cool for a few amateurs with VHS video cameras!

smithenhiven

You should convert those old VHS films to digital, and post that footage on YouTube.

kent

You crazy SOB! lol

Glad I didn't hang around with you when I was a pup. I thought we did crazy s__t! :punkrocka:
Kent

Kern Dog

Quote from: smithenhiven on December 07, 2019, 08:18:06 AM
You should convert those old VHS films to digital, and post that footage on YouTube.

I should !
I had some fun making the movies. Car stunts, wrecks, street and dirt drifting, jumps, a couple of rollovers and general sillyness.
I was the " Harbor Freight" of action movie makers!

INTMD8

Nice job on the metal work, looks great  :2thumbs:
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

Kern Dog

Thank you! I was hoping to get the sheet metal on today but I ran short on time. I did finish welding and grinding and got the suspension and steering back together. It is sitting on all 4 tires again.

John Milner

Looks great!   You saved that car's life.  Should make a nice one.  Can't wait to see an update with the front fenders, grill and hood installed.

djcarguy

I think before ya hang fenders.make a template of rht door leading edge with heavy card board or plywood an use it to check ,when working over lft door edge . I think pop out damage of lft door from inside,but upper door may need to drill few hole to pull buckle out in upper door body lines .
       Ya car is coming along great an looking better..

? Ever hear of Foot-Pound auto body repair?  40 yrs ago I helped out a old body guy,he was great at saving panels. old day when a guy could fit in a trunk,you get in with phone book or card board,put it against inner quarter skin hold it with one foot an pop dent out with other foot.

he showed me lay front fender ,hood or trunk lid paint side down on lawn ,make sure no root or rocks in grass.apply foot.pound force slowy to pop out damage .saw him save panel many wood have tossed back then..   Other old guy showed how great round river rocks could pop out dents with no hammer marks.that was mostly on old round fenders 40 yrs ago too,ranch pickups an street rods . :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Challenger340

I like A-Bodies.... I put a 510 inch INDY Headed BB deal in mine, used to drive it to the Track, give some Super Gas trailered guys FITZ.... then pass them driving home as well ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Kern Dog

I'm having a good time with it.   :2thumbs:

orange383

You are doing a great job there. It must be very satisfying to see the car coming together.

djcarguy

:popcrn: :popcrn: Been 8 days from last post KD ,is it painted or running yet ??  any more progress or taking a Xmas break?

I have 5 a body cars an 2 run an 2 no engines.
  you covered charger repairs very good . so whats next ,on the build?  :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs:

Kern Dog

Hey guys....
I want to get out there in the shop but this new job has been keeping me too busy to do anything!

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

67Charger440

I'm right there with you!  This is my current status as of the last 2 weeks on my $2000 '68 Charger.  Torsion bar X-member up next.

Mytur Binsdirti

Just as Trump is orange, Kern Dog is red.

Kern Dog

Yeah....I'm Irish....No way to hide that!

Ghoste

Back N Black

Great progress, car is coming together nicely.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 19, 2019, 10:40:36 AM

Just as Trump is orange, Kern Dog is red.

AND, Ponch is a wanna be Mexican.   :smilielol:

Kern Dog

Finally made some progress today. The holidays are over, I'm not going to work any more overtime so I am finally able to get back in the regular schedule around here.

Before Christmas, I took a bent and crushed valance and started working it.

Kern Dog

I cut it so I could get a better grip on it to return it back to its original shape. I know that it looks terrible but I thought I might be able to hammer and dolly it back into shape.

Kern Dog

A guy on the 1970 Charger Registry site saw my build thread over there and took pity on me. He shipped me a RH half of a valance.