News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DMCL color

Started by ht4spd307, August 27, 2019, 11:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ht4spd307

Hello all just wondering what  color the charger was from DMCL was it curious yellow was this a factory color and  what was the  color code for it thanks all

John Milner

I always thought that it was a 1971 color called "citron yella"  code Y3.

Ghoste

I agree on the Citron Yella.

chargervert

Colors tend to washout on film,I am guessing that they picked that color because they wanted it to look day glow yellow on film,and Citron Yellow is day glow. Not exactly the best color choice for a get away car though!

Mike DC

We literally just had this discussion a few days ago.  Check near the end of the the Peter Fonda/DMCL thread.  (the mods moved it over to the TV/movie cars forum)

chargervert

Colors tend to washout on film,I am guessing that they picked that color because they wanted it to look day glow yellow on film,and Citron Yellow is day glow. Not exactly the best color choice for a get away car though!

Ghoste

Would have been a great getaway car if Larry hadn't picked up a flag.  They thought of everything but her.

VegasCharger

Quote from: Ghoste on August 29, 2019, 05:12:14 AM
Would have been a great getaway car if Larry hadn't picked up a flag.  They thought of everything but her.

Agreed!!! Timing was the moral of the story hence the opening theme song titled "Time".

Wow! The first time anyone seen that movie and that ending. No one expected that. Can you imagine this movie being released in today's world? Spoiler alerts galore.

:cheers:

Ghoste

A lot of foreshadow used in that film, from the opening theme to the train horns in the distance when they do the car repair in the walnut grove.

RallyeMike

Y3 is one of those colors like Tor-Red/Hemi Orange - What shade it looks like depends on the light, your perception, and other factors.

I always remembered the car as yellow from the theater and TV even though the police dispatcher described it as green. I had a pirate video of the movie a long time ago and the car changed color a lot due (I think) to the video quality, and even though it looked absolutely green in some shots, I still thought it was yellow for 30+ years. In the more recent DVD and digital versions the car color is more consistent in looking like Y3, but I will always think of the car as yellow.

QuoteAgreed!!! Timing was the moral of the story hence the opening theme song titled "Time".

I've probably watched this movie 25-30 times. Its the only movie I ever obsessed enough about to go and visit the shooting locations. Even so, I never thought of it as having any kind of moral message or depth to it. I just enjoy the corny script, 70's vibe, and of course the Charger. I'm going to try and pay more attention next time I watch it.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Kern Dog

I was on a drive with the Wife several months ago and just happened upon the Save Mart grocery store by accident ! I looked online after I got home and found that it was the SAME place used in the movie.

Ghoste

For some reason I thought you lived somewhere south like Louisiana.

alfaitalia

You cant assume stuff like that just because he married his sister!! :lol:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

ph23vo