News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Selling off another project car.

Started by chargervert, August 30, 2019, 08:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargervert

I am delivering this 71 Charger SE N code 383 Magnum matching numbers car to a friend of mine today. It was originally gunmetal grey. I am continuing to downsize my project car fleet. I have sold off a few projects in the last few years. I sold a rusty 68 Satellite convertible project car, a super solid 71 Satellite 383 car, a 68 Chrysler Imperial convertible project car, a 73 Charger 400 automatic car, a 68 Charger roller and a 70 Charger roller too. I parted out a very rusty 73 Satellite, and a 73 Charger parts car too. I also sold a 70 Charger R / T clone project car that I took as a partial trade on the 71 Satellite.  I am currently offering my 70 Charger R / T V code 440 Sixpack automatic car, and I plan on getting my 71 Charger R / T 440 Magnum 4 speed, Dana car with the Ramcharger hood together as a roller, and get it sold too. I did buy a few too though, I bought the 71 Charger R / T roller I just described as well as another 71 Charger R / T 440 Magnum automatic car that came from the Arizona desert.  I also bought the 75 Dodge van, and a 79 Little Red Express truck too. I still have over 20 of them left! More than I can build in my lifetime!

chargervert

I guess the 71 Chargers don't get much love around here. Personally I was always a second gen guy,but after hanging out with friends that are into 71s they started to grow on me. I had seven third gens at one point,I am down to four third gens now, I still have seven second gens. The buyer had a 71 back in high school on Long Island NY. Back when Twisted Sister was a local band that regularly played gigs in the school gym. I had gotten him a 71 Charger 318 roller about 15 years ago from my friend,but back then there was very little reproduction parts or sheetmetal available for 71 Chargers,so the project never got off the ground. When I told him I was going to sell off some project cars,he expressed interest in this 383 SE. I dropped it off on Friday,and he is very pleased with the car.

71dodgechargerrt

chargervert

Its one of those colors that looks great when the paint is new,but looks awful when its weathered.

71dodgechargerrt

chargervert

Here's the fendertag

chargervert

Mytur Binsdirti

Kern Dog

Quote from: chargervert on September 01, 2019, 10:11:31 AM
Its one of those colors that looks great when the paint is new,but looks awful when its weathered.

Maybe.
I feel that way about F 8 though. GREAT when it is fresh, not so much when the shine is gone.

TexasStroker

Looks solid!  I'd take care of any minor issues and drive it as is!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Kern Dog

Life is such a wild ride. When you are young, you don't have the experience to form the same kind of opinion that an older person can make. Sometimes a young guy  buys project cars that are FAR beyond their abilities and income. For most of my life, I have secretly growled and complained about the old guys that refuse to sell their old cars.
It is NOT for sale...I'm going to restore it someday! Meanwhile, 84 year Old Jed is in a wheelchair with twin Oxygen tanks yet he is "Going to restore it someday"... Yeah, sure he is.  :pity:
Some guys reach a tipping point in their life where an idea or belief they had for years gets challenged or reversed. For me, it was when I turned 50. I am in good health but I have lost family members that kicked before 50. Shit like that can be sobering. Suddenly the life you are living is not only going to end someday, you suddenly realize that there are more years behind you than in front of you.
The thought that changed things for me is that maybe, just maybe, the old guy hanging onto the '70 Road Runner  or '68 Charger sees the car as a chance to reverse the clock on himself as well as the car. Having that car within his view keeps the dream of alive. Maybe it gives him a little hope that he can see that car restored and he can feel the rumble again. To sell the car means to admit to himself that his dream is gone, his life is over.
I have wondered how sad and lonely it might feel for an elderly person to be placed in a retirement or convalescent home. It simply cannot be an optimistic thing to think that you have to give up your home or your car, the freedom to do what you want, etc.

chargervert

I'm not ready for the old folks home yet,young grasshopper!

chargervert

The only good thing about cutting loose some of my project cars is that something is getting done on them now, instead of just sitting around waiting for me to get to them. It also splits up the funds needed to get the cars done.  It always seems to happen that parts come up for a car that I may not get to for five years or more become available, or are located at a show or swap meet, and I end up spending the money that I really need to finish the car I am currently working on, on those parts,because they may not be available at the later date when you will need them!  The 68 Satellite convertible project car that I sold needed every piece of sheetmetal replaced that is made for the car.  It's a slant 6 car,so not many people are going to build a car like this, but the guy who bought the car, has almost completed the metal work on the car, and it will be saved. So when he asked me what I was going to do with the 68 Charger roller that we pushed out of the way to get his convertible out from behind the garage, I sold him that one too,as I know that he will build the car, and it will be saved too. The 71 Satellite that I sold is getting built too,with a nice low deck stroker wedge engine,and it is in good hands as well.  I bought the 68 Imperial convertible project car to do an overhaulin type restoration for my high school auto shop teacher, but he passed away before we got into the project, so the guy who bought it is planning to restore the car. This 71 Charger is going to be restored as well. I am ok with cutting some loose if someone does something with them.