News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Master Cylinder Boot & Rubber Clip Needed

Started by CRW-FK5, September 02, 2019, 05:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CRW-FK5

I need to replace the rubber clip and boot on my master cylinder push, rod but am not able to find replacements anywhere.  Does anyone know where I can locate these?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BLK 68 R/T

A383Wing

The rubber "clip" as you call it is just a piece of vacuum line cut to fit.....I used that on my master cylinders in the past...available at any auto parts store, and a lot less than $16

Bryan

Canadian1968

Is this not the boot that is on the brake BOOSTER and not the master cylinder ?

A383Wing

I don't think his car has a booster, it has manual brakes....otherwise he would not be asking for the rubber "clip" that holds the brake pedal rod into the back of the master cylinder piston

Bryan

CRW-FK5

Quote from: A383Wing on September 05, 2019, 06:13:00 PM
I don't think his car has a booster, it has manual brakes....otherwise he would not be asking for the rubber "clip" that holds the brake pedal rod into the back of the master cylinder piston

Bryan
Correct.  Manual brakes.  I did hear about trying to size up a piece of rubber tubing and am going to try that approach.  I may even try and cut that groove in the outside like the original.  Thanks for posting your reply.

A383Wing

Quote from: CRW-FK5 on September 05, 2019, 06:20:00 PM
Correct.  Manual brakes.  I did hear about trying to size up a piece of rubber tubing and am going to try that approach.  I may even try and cut that groove in the outside like the original.  Thanks for posting your reply.

Nobody is going to see it anyway......

Bryan