News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mannual vs Power steering

Started by Duran, September 03, 2019, 06:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duran

Hey guys ok hers my dilemma

my mopar is a factory mannual box which i ve sent out to have rebuilt and the news thats come back is the the worm bearing has worn out some casing thing, anyway over here in australia it will cost a bucket load to fix it so I now have a choice .....

i either go for a new mannual box (if i do i 'll get a 16:1 ratio i think) OR i could go Power steering ?????

can anyone please give me their thought, preference and experiences to help me make a more educated decision...

Thanks 

70 sublime

Think you said your car is a slant 6
First thing I would do is find out how hard it is to find the right brackets to mount a power steering pump on a 6 cyl and if you will have to change any pulleys first
Might make the decision easier
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

RallyeMike

16:1 manual steering is rough. It might be ok a light car with skinny tires, if you are drag racing, or other limited uses - not very fun on the street or for general use.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/