News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Couple of more Dynamat Questions

Started by john108, September 08, 2019, 02:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john108

1968 Dodge Charger
Inside DOOR and Quarter Panel sheet metal:
  Both panels appear to have been sprayed with Undercoating.
Would Dynamat (30% as recommended) coverage added there help or just be a waste??

Rear wheel fender well that face rear seat:
What percentage of Dynamat would you suggest be placed on this arched surface??

Thank You
John

Gold Rush

I'm a bit confused about this 30% figure John.  Is that a minimum suggestion from the company or a number someone is just passing along?  In my mind if 30% does well then 100% should be really good!   ;)

I'd apply the same logic to any surface you are wanting to block heat and noise at.  Dynamat (the basic stuff) is quite thin so I'd expect you wouldn't have any problem with full coverage on the doors.  Anything you can do to deaden the noise and reduce inside coach heat it a plus.
24 years USAF, 25 years consumer electronics repair technician.  Now I ride a Honda Goldwing trike and wrench my latest project.  Children and Grandchildren are gown so I have to find other places to spend my time and money!

john108

That 30% appears in the Instructions for door panels from Dynamat.
100% is better but 30% is acceptable for resonance of a panel.
I tried to load a picture but this site won't let me.
I changed the name 4 times and it is small.
It is constantly telling me that it was previously loaded.

Canadian1968

Any bit of dynamat will be a help . you are adding weight to the panel to try and stop it from vibrating , which in turn cuts down on noise. If you ever look at the inside of a door on a newer vehicle they use a spray deadener or a adhesive just like dynamat. But they sure don't use much, deffenantly not 30% worth !

The more u put on the better.  You want a Nissan versa or a Bentley?

john108

I agree that more may be better but those surfaces already have factory installed undercoating on them.

c00nhunterjoe

If i were going through the expense and labor of dynamat, i would cover every sqaure inch that didnt show.

john108

That was what I was thinking.  I was hoping for a different answer based on more than I know.

Canadian1968

yes the panels have undercoating on them.  That does not mean the the dynamat will be any less effective