News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Car Capsule

Started by RiverRaider, September 09, 2019, 01:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRaider

My first Charger was a Stock Car.

Ghoste

I haven't but I have seen one or two around.  I don't know though, I just can't see it being able to withstand the winter around here and to use it indoors seems silly.

RiverRaider

Quote from: Ghoste on September 10, 2019, 05:26:01 AM
I haven't but I have seen one or two around.  I don't know though, I just can't see it being able to withstand the winter around here and to use it indoors seems silly.
Maybe silly for home type garages but I have warehouses where it is dry but dusty and not 100% bug/bird/bat proof because of the constant opening and closing of
the large doors.  I was looking at the indoor type as outdoor ones are more expensive and more suited for multi day car shows for rain/hail protection etc.  I was also looking
at the purchasing several not only for my cars but for my large scale R/C warships.  I would like to find from someone who has seen one that has been used for a year or so
to know if they are satisfied with them. 

Mytur Binsdirti

I hear that if you fart in it, it will linger for months.   :eek2:   

ODZKing

we have to store one of our cars this year elsewhere. We have a car port behind our existing garage (2 sides open only) (|_). I'm wondering if this would protect it properly?  :scratchchin:

b5blue

Large scale R/C warships? Pics Please!  :2thumbs:  As a guy with just a carport I can attest to the crap that gets all over everything constantly. (So yea a bubble seems reasonable.)

TexasStroker

I know of a few guys with big collections that have them strung out in old warehouses and barns that use similar covers.  That said, I'm not sure of the brand.

If it is going to be used indoors and you can afford it, I'd say it is worth a shot.  We have an old quonset and despite staying shut up, tons of dirt gets in.  Something like that would no doubt be an upgrade over nothing.

The large R/C Warships peaked my interest as well!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

RiverRaider

Quote from: b5blue on September 10, 2019, 09:48:03 AM
Large scale R/C warships? Pics Please!  :2thumbs:  As a guy with just a carport I can attest to the crap that gets all over everything constantly. (So yea a bubble seems reasonable.)
I have R/C combat warships for the three major formats
1/72 scale MRBS, Queens Own, PMWC 3/16" and 1/4" ball bearings
1/144 Big Gun BGCWI BB's - 1/4"
1/144 small gun IRCWCC, port polar bear BB's
The ships shoot and can be sunk.  I prefer the 1/72 format over the others but all are fun to play.

RiverRaider

couple more pics

b5blue

Super cool!  :cheers: When I was a kid there was a guy around here with a battle ship like a big kayak, he could squeeze inside and drive it. We use to build and shoot up ship, tank and plane models with BB guns
A Veterans museum near me had the ships from "Tora Tora Tora" but closed down not long ago. Thanks for sharing, do you put your battles on YouTube?

TexasStroker

Cool!  Y'all should both check out the Admiral Nimitz National Museum of the Pacific War in Fredericksburg, TX if you ever get the chance.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

GMP440

I knew someone that had two.  One for his 55 Chevy and one for his 76 Oleg Cassini AMC Matador.  These were outside in the South Florida weather.  Seem to be pretty tough against the rainy weather we get during the summer.  The bubbles he had were not transparent but were a light tan material that you could not see through.  The exteriors got dirty from being outside all the time but it kept the cars nice looking.

Back N Black

Love the war ships, awesome collection. :2thumbs:

alfaitalia

Over here big model battleship means BIG MODEL BATTLESHIPS!

Take a look at these from this side of the pond!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zelfRBur370
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

maxwellwedge

Quote from: RiverRaider on September 09, 2019, 01:05:56 PM
I was looking at car capsules.  Has anyone tried this type of storage?

https://www.calcarcover.com/product/car-capsule-the-original-car-storage-bubble/684

I know of two cars that were stored in those by the same person.
All the fluids went....funky. Don't know why, they just did.