News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

In a pickle now about getting to reunion

Started by r4daytona, September 09, 2019, 03:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r4daytona

I forgot some of the details I'm trying to find are white arms rest pads for the front, I have the correct wiper arms but the pivot base chrome is shot - is there a place or kit that I can replace those with the correct rivets?  Little things like that I'm hoping to find out rather than the "picking my car apart" crap that i experienced for over a year because GYC did it.

Mopar John

Tom,
I think the GYC was a neat deal for you overall!
You basically took a roller and made it into a complete driving Daytona all on television.
The problem is Mark talks about "OE" restorations all during the show and
walks into the parts room loaded with new reproduction parts.
I applaud you to continue to work on the details of your Daytona!
On the wiper arms I am not aware of rivets or repair kits for them.
So I would put my best pair on and look for better.
There are several sets on EBAY now.
Type in 15b wiper arms or mopar 15" wiper arms.
Do not buy any 15a wiper arms as they are made for A body Mopars!
Be sure to study the pictures and make sure they are nice!
See you in a few weeks!
MJ

r4daytona

Thanks John and I know you have been helping me with some of those details.  Yes, as I have mentioned in previous messages to you, I never wanted, or would want to take this car to the level you do.  Financially it wouldn't have made sense since so much has been changed.  As my story went- I just wanted a wing car- superbird or daytona, I didn't care.  Luckily I got this Daytona and I am happy because I know it's real.  I'll work on the other stuff as I feel like it.  Hope to meet you at the show??

69_500

Looking forward to talking to you down there. Look for the guy with the T5 500. I definitely wanna look at your car.

Danny

r4daytona

I don't want anyone to make fun of my repo armrests! lol  I have a nice set of rears and as I've stated before (in parts wanted) I'm looking for a nice set of white front pads.  Then I'm going to paint them the correct color.   As I also mentioned I may put a "suggestion sheet" of details I'd like to do which I planned to do myself anyways. What better place to get suggestions on what I can improve upon then at the reunion with you guys that know WAY more than I do!!!

70Sbird

I suggest just drive it! I've been daily driving my Superbird for the last week to look for any bugs or issues and I have a list already to fix for this weekend, but I'm going to put 2,000 miles on it in the next few weeks and I think it's ready! This will be the fourth reunion in Talladega that I've driven to and I'm looking forward to the trip!

Scott Faulkner

hergfest

For the 2009 Reunion I ordered a set of seat covers for my 500 before I left.  They showed up with a week to go, opened them up, and they had a big knife cut in the drivers seat.  Leather SE seats so there was no way I was getting another set before we left.  So my solution?  We took the 1970 Charger seats out of my Dad's 1970 Charger R/T and bolted them into the 500.  Only once all weekend did someone say "Why do you have 70 seats in your 69?"  No one cared.  And no one will care if you armrests are "wrong".  Just drive it and enjoy it.  The added bonus is that 70 Charger high back buckets are way more comfortable than 69 seats. 

gtx6970

Quote from: r4daytona on September 20, 2019, 01:23:40 PM
I don't want anyone to make fun of my repo armrests! lol  I have a nice set of rears and as I've stated before (in parts wanted) I'm looking for a nice set of white front pads.  Then I'm going to paint them the correct color.   As I also mentioned I may put a "suggestion sheet" of details I'd like to do which I planned to do myself anyways. What better place to get suggestions on what I can improve upon then at the reunion with you guys that know WAY more than I do!!!

My advise,
drive it and enjoy it.
If people have a problem with it , that's THERE problem not yours.
UNLESS you're asking for critiques