News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wing brace bolts and wing nut bolt.

Started by r4daytona, September 09, 2019, 03:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r4daytona

Does anyone have pictures ( sizes ) of the bolts that hold the wing brace to the trunk floor and the bolt/ nut set-up that holds the scissors jack bracket?  I've heard that the one for the scissors hold down is not suppose to have any  markings on the head if seen from under the car?  Thank You

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

alfaitalia

Unless they were taken on a Box Brownie, photobucket has killed those pics....just a fuzzy mess now! Pity.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

r4daytona

Correct, I can't figure out how to seem them.  They are all fuzzy.

held1823

mine should be untouched, but these snips of a larger photo aren't super clear.

surprised to see the two sides so different
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

r4daytona

It's weird that the bolts for the passengers side have the bolt head showing holding it to the floor, but yet the drivers side has the nut side sticking up.  I also see the difference in the head size that holds the brace to the little bracket.  Proof again nothing was consistent.  I still just wondering were they 7/16, 3/8, 1/2 ... length  etc.

So what sizes held the bracket to the floor?   Am I correct in assuming flat washers on both sides?   And what size held the "y" support to the little bracket?  Any head markings? I can at least look through my stuff (as little as it is) and try to find correct bolts if possible.

held1823

the rear of mine is the only untouched part of it, as the front end was wrecked years ago.

i've been inside this trunk countless times over the decades, and not once did i notice the differing bolt positions until i cropped these photos. i am 100% certain the braces and wing washers have never been messed with, and the lack of paint on the washers is crazy. i think the "difference in head size" you are seeing is just an optical illusion from the amount of cropping, unless you mean compared to the ones through the trunk floor, and not side to side.

i thought it was cool to see the original white stripe was still beneath the side markers, although it shows just how crappy the paint and body work was when the car had been repainted a few times in the 70's. i hope to brig the car home this week, and will get better photos from both inside the trunk and underneath. i'm pretty sure all of the trunk photos i took at the same time as the two above start on page six of the thread for the car itself, which should be on page two of the forum now.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053