News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who wants to see Chrysler/Fiats at a car show

Started by ACUDANUT, September 10, 2019, 10:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wants to see NEW Chrysler/Fiats at a car show

Nobody
5 (27.8%)
Classic style only
4 (22.2%)
20 plus years old
4 (22.2%)
30 plus years old
2 (11.1%)
40 plus years old
3 (16.7%)
50 plus years old
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: November 09, 2019, 10:19:14 PM

John_Kunkel

I love the Eagles but that's not what they play at car shows around here, more like Chuck Berry era stuff.

Example of new cars show:

https://www.michaelbrianstudios.com/Automotive/Car-Shows/Spring-Fest-LX-2018/
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

alfaitalia

There are some cars there I would like to own....and others I would like to set fire to! Each to there own... a car is a car. No getting over that fact that any car with any sort of internal combustion engine is sooner or later (sooner over here) going to be a dying breed and the bunny loving tree huggers are out to get us (and deep down inside we know they are right and will win whether you want/believe it or not).....so we need to stick together regardless of what we drive. I go to new car (and classic and motorcycle shows) whenever I can....I just like motorised transport!!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Todd Wilson

Quote from: timmycharger on September 11, 2019, 06:20:31 AM
Me...

No wait! let me see more 75 year old guys with fuzzy dice on their 55 Chevy sitting in chairs with 50's music screaming from a terrible speaker, can we get more of that? That should keep the hobby going for next generation of car guys..

I understand what you are saying but I am starting to hear some of my music at cars............whats that mean?  Those 75 year old guys are starting to die off...........whats that mean for me?  Music I like at the shows but it also means I am next on the list to die off!!!!   

Your time is coming Junior!! Your music's time will be here sooner then you think!!!   :icon_smile_big:

Todd

Todd Wilson

Quote from: 70 sublime on September 11, 2019, 09:02:17 AM
How many of these new car guys at the shows are really old guys that used to have a neat old car but just can not do it any more but still want to participate
And how many are the younger crowd that have just not found that neat car yet but will someday ??
And then there would be the third group that are going to be original owners of a 30 year old 2018 Hellcat at the car shows

There are a lot of the old guys who sold their old car for a new car around here in Kansas!  Sold their old rough riding no AC cars and now take their new Mustang GT to the shows...........

Todd

John_Kunkel

I'm an old guy by anybody's definition and I like most of the music at old car shows but I prefer to choose my own tunes and their volume. Music that's played so loud that you have to shout to carry on a conversation isn't conducive to having a good time.

c00nhunterjoe

Most of the time, excessive volume is because the dj was undercut and only has 2 speakers so the guys nesr the booth are deaf and the guys at the end of the field still cant hear him......

Ghoste

Pretty soon we will all have self driving electric cars that look the same anyway so it wont matter.  lol

Ponch ®

Quote from: John_Kunkel on September 13, 2019, 04:56:31 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on September 13, 2019, 05:22:44 AM
A lot of the newer cars at the shows have been modified in some way too

Yeah, with billet, neon and boom boxes. 4-wheel independent suspension that's been slammed looks ridiculous with the wheels cambered in.  :down:

Heh....not much different than the goofy stuff some of you guys were doing to perfectly fine muscle cars back in the 70's - 80's.

The "good old days" are, and have always been, a myth.

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Kern Dog

The guy is annoying but he is right. Poor taste has been around forever.

Ghoste

And there were plenty of old guys to complain about it at every step.

67440chrg

I would drive the s**t out of one of them shackled up hood scooped crazy paint machines if it was original paint from back in the day.

RallyeMike

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

c00nhunterjoe

nvrbdn

We just had a local show where young kids were the judges. Mopar class was just all mopar modified and all mopar stock. An immaculate 68 Dart (stock), 2 perfect 68 Road Runners (both stock), a mint 69 Road Runner (modified), a beautiful 69 GTX (modified) a 70 GTX that was absolutely beautiful (stock), my Charger (Modified) and the trophies go to a PT Cruiser (modified) 1st place, a 2017 Challenger (stock) 1st place. Best over all Mopar 2017 Challenger. Now I am all for all vehicles being allowed to show. But you need to have judges that aren't high school kids picking a car because it is what they want when they get out of school. Those Road Runners were the cleanest cars I have seen in a long time. First time I have seen them out. I drooled over them. The 68 Dart was an absolutely flawless 100% stock car with all documentation. and a new car wins best mopar over all. such a shame. But then, after the show is over, it is just another piece of plastic.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ponch ®

Quote from: nvrbdn on September 18, 2019, 12:12:40 PM
We just had a local show where young kids were the judges. Mopar class was just all mopar modified and all mopar stock. An immaculate 68 Dart (stock), 2 perfect 68 Road Runners (both stock), a mint 69 Road Runner (modified), a beautiful 69 GTX (modified) a 70 GTX that was absolutely beautiful (stock), my Charger (Modified) and the trophies go to a PT Cruiser (modified) 1st place, a 2017 Challenger (stock) 1st place. Best over all Mopar 2017 Challenger. Now I am all for all vehicles being allowed to show. But you need to have judges that aren't high school kids picking a car because it is what they want when they get out of school. Those Road Runners were the cleanest cars I have seen in a long time. First time I have seen them out. I drooled over them. The 68 Dart was an absolutely flawless 100% stock car with all documentation. and a new car wins best mopar over all. such a shame. But then, after the show is over, it is just another piece of plastic.

I can see that from both sides. on the one hand, yeah, you have a super clean classic mopar and are pissed that you didnt get a trophy. On the other, it's somewhat refreshing to see that if you roll up at a car show in a PT cruiser you have a shot at taking something home - underdog type thing. That's what keeps people coming back.

I judge "new" (09-now) challengers at our car show. If it's bone stock (some times they still have dealer plates/stickers) I will still look at them but won't consider them for a trophy. There's no merit to that. But if you have a new challenger that's been modified and you've added a lot of custom touches, I take into consideration the work, effort, and money it took - even if it's personally not my cup of tea.  That said,  I think we're getting to the point - maybe in the next year or so - where if I see a clean, unmolested 2009 Challenger, I will take a serious look at it.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

krops cars

90 lb. air shocks are fine. It was when people put them at 100 lb. Plus. Like 67440chrg said drive the s--t out them. Some times people need to take off their skirts.

Mytur Binsdirti

It was bad enough when AMC cars starting to show up at Mopar meets; Fiats would be 100 times worse.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on September 18, 2019, 02:06:47 PM
It was bad enough when AMC cars starting to show up at Mopar meets; Fiats would be 100 times worse.

you guys are so easily triggered. Need a mopar safe space?

krops cars

Not triggered. I like it all. You a true car lover. I even like a well done Mitsubishi Eclipse. Bring it all on.

ACUDANUT

The point was, anyone can go finance a new car. If I want to see the new cars, I will go to a dealership.  The hard work is keeping them running 30 plus years and showing them.

Ponch ®

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 18, 2019, 06:00:50 PM
The point was, anyone can go finance a new car. If I want to see the new cars, I will go to a dealership.  The hard work is keeping them running 30 plus years and showing them.

Anyone can write a check to a shop to restore and/or keep their 30+ year old car running. By the same token, a lot of the modded/customized newer cars that some of you guys look down so easily upon took a lot of hard work by the owner to get them that way.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Ponch ® on September 18, 2019, 06:28:09 PM
The point was, anyone can go finance a new car. If I want to see the new cars, I will go to a dealership.  The hard work is keeping them running 30 plus years and showing them.

Anyone can write a check to a shop to restore and/or keep their 30+ year old car running. By the same token, a lot of the modded/customized newer cars that some of you guys look down so easily upon took a lot of hard work by the owner to get them that way.

Wrong, banks don't lend or finance money on 40-50 year old cars.  What world do you live in besides east LA.

smithenhiven

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 18, 2019, 07:58:34 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on September 18, 2019, 06:28:09 PM

Wrong, banks don't lend or finance money on 40-50 year old cars.  What world do you live in besides east LA.

Sure they do, I know people who have used home equity loans, and signature lines of credit to obtain and/or do things to their classic cars.  I wouldn't recommend it, but hey, it's their credit, debt and payments, not mine. 

John_Kunkel

When financing a new car, the car is the collateral for the loan.

There's a difference between buying a classic car and using the car as collateral and using a home/signature as collateral. There are many lending institutions that will use the car as collateral, do a Google search.