News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 front seat listing channel in foam

Started by igozumn, September 11, 2019, 08:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

igozumn

The video Legendary has shows the guy cutting all the way through the foam to access the listing wire on the seat frame.  The instruction sheet that Legendary sent with the foam, says to not cut all the way through the foam.  The original, or what's left of the (first) original I've pulled apart this week, appears to not have been cut all the way through from the factory.  Was wondering what those that have done this task, did.  Just cut a groove and hog ring it to the listing wire on the frame?

Side note: The front foam kit AND instructions from Legendary could be improved.
A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."

DanielRobert

I wouldnt cut all the way through the foam, but I doubt the side pieces would shift much with the seat attached holding it in place.  Theres a better foam company out there that has nice and accurate molds... if I remember who it is, I'll let you know...lol.... If youre having trouble getting the hog rings to get through the foam and attach  to the seat wire, consider using a needle and string( nylon button twine from an upholstery shop )to act as a hog ring.
1972 Charger
1969 Roadrunner
1974 Trans Am

igozumn

Yeah, if you remember the foam people, post up.  I've already got it done, or, will this week.  What I did, was cut about 2/3 through, and then feel for the listing wire, then peel, or cut through to the wire only in the 3 or 4 spots where I was going to hog ring the cover.  I really couldn't see any other way to actually get the listing wire in the cover and the listing wire that is ringed to the seat frame close enough to each other to ring them.  Seemed to work great. 

I will also add, that the backing boards from Legendary need help. More so, Legendary needs to find the correct radius so the boards actually fit the frame correctly. 

A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."