News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Attention cbrestorations,......found one for you.

Started by smithenhiven, September 06, 2019, 08:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HANDM

Quote from: Kern Dog on September 08, 2019, 10:21:56 PM
I love these cars. I love seeing others enjoy them too.
Seeing Chris' videos of him thrashing around as if the car was a $500 POS is a kick in the pants. I'm not made of money but I also won't live forever. Why not do what I like while I'm still above ground? So what if a project ends up being more than the car is worth....What is FUN worth to you? Remember FUN? Remember not being obsessed with rock chips or scratches ? Remember driving the car on dirt roads and not wincing each time the car bottoms out?
No...you DON'T need to spend $10,000 on an engine.
No...you don't need an expensive paint job either.
Maybe the guys that prefer to sit in lawn chairs behind their cars at shows can't understand. To me, the guys that drive their cars are often the ones that have the best time with them even if they are not perfect. I am trying to be that guy. For too long, I worried too much about dings and scratches.

I hear ya, I'm sick of just looking at my Charger and Challenger and just as soon as my truck is paid off next may I'll be pumping the 1500 a month that I'm paying now into the cars. It's gonna be 4 wheel disk brakes and sniper FI for the both of em. I might even do the dakota digital gauges in them as well. Shit, I'm even gonna pay a shop to do it all too. Not that I can't just that I don't want the headache if something doesn't go as planned. I've had these cars for so long even if I spend ten G's each I still won't be upside down on them!

alfaitalia

:2thumbs:

Agree 100%.....and that's not like me at all!! :lol:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

John Milner

I see $4,000 worth of parts there.  From here, at least on the passenger's side, the front fender, door, hood, front valance and grill all look savable.  It probably has the bucket seats, rear seat and full dash still there.  It kind of looks as if it still has an engine in it.  If it's numbers matching, the value only goes up.  I'm betting most of us wouldn't sell a real and from the looks of it, mostly complete 69 R/T Charger for less than $4,000.  But I also don't have $60K tied up in a restoration or $10K tied up in an engine.  I don't have $10K tied up in my whole car and it only needs brakes, windshield and a driveshaft from being a decent driver.  I did do all of the work myself though.  That looks like a good find to me. 

DanielRobert

Kern, love that line..."maybe the guys who prefer to  sit in lawn chairs behind their cars at car shows can't understand."   Spot on. Who has the time for that anyway? And what are they waiting for? Oh, I know, to get one of the 100 trophys they give out for the 100 cars there. I'm not mad at them tho, I appreciate them showing up. They seem to be the most judgmental though.
1972 Charger
1969 Roadrunner
1974 Trans Am

Kern Dog

Thanks, man. I just want to have fun with these cars.

70 sublime

So did anybody buy this car in question ?
Would love to find something like that for $4000
Looks to be complete with all those little bits in one place that drive a person crazy running around to try and find when needed
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

smithenhiven

Quote from: 70 sublime on September 10, 2019, 05:08:16 AM
So did anybody buy this car in question ?

Im going to go back this weekend to get more pics for CB, and if he likes what he sees he may end up getting it.  I would buy it for myself, but I just bought a 70 project Charger like a week ago, and I dont have the space to store another one, much less the skills to bring back a car in this condition, best to let this one go to someone like CB who can.

Stringbender

Couldn't agree More with Kern's comments. I'm in the middle of a drivetrain an suspension upgrade. That I'm "all in" at just under 3k (Aside from some new qa1 stuff its Entirely Craigslist "Sourced"!).  I Respect an appreciate all the guys, time, $, an Skills that go into restoring an preserving these cars! Financially that's never gonna be in the cards for me. I try not to cut corners an do the best I can with the budget I have. I Drive the hell out of my car an Enjoy every second of it. I Don't worry about rock chips cruising around in primer. An I can't tell you how many strangers stop me around town an just say " I saw you DRIVING  the other day (insert back road or highway here). Was so cool to see ya get a little sideways round that turn!" At our little local cruise my pitted chrome an scratched glass is just as clean as the show cars. One piece at a time I'll replace it. In the meantime I'm living the Mother%@$#ing Driving my dream car every Damn Day!

Kern Dog

Heck yeah....I'd rather see them being driven than being pushed on and off a trailer at a car show or museum.

cbrestorations

Quote from: Kern Dog on September 08, 2019, 10:21:56 PM
I love these cars. I love seeing others enjoy them too.
Seeing Chris' videos of him thrashing around as if the car was a $500 POS is a kick in the pants. I'm not made of money but I also won't live forever. Why not do what I like while I'm still above ground? So what if a project ends up being more than the car is worth....What is FUN worth to you? Remember FUN? Remember not being obsessed with rock chips or scratches ? Remember driving the car on dirt roads and not wincing each time the car bottoms out?
No...you DON'T need to spend $10,000 on an engine.
No...you don't need an expensive paint job either.
Maybe the guys that prefer to sit in lawn chairs behind their cars at shows can't understand. To me, the guys that drive their cars are often the ones that have the best time with them even if they are not perfect. I am trying to be that guy. For too long, I worried too much about dings and scratches.

Welcome to the fun side kern dog....where rubber on the quarters, dirt packed in the wheels and bushes hangin out of the bumpers are trophies 🤘