News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

power steering pump question

Started by dodgey68, April 28, 2019, 01:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgey68

good afternoon dc brains trust, my problem is, i installed a  uni-steer r&p  kit 8 year ago,  always had bump steer issues and never really steered nicely, was never 100% happy , so i removed  the uni steer kit fitted all new factory upper, lower control arms /ball joints  and steering components, but i fitted a new borgsen  steering box,  but i left on the uni-steer pump which is a  "gm gen II-tc pump" .. now that its all together now and driving the box feels a little hard, im questioning the pump, ,, i am asking if any gurus know , the difference between the unisteer pump and the factoy saginaw pump output pressures, i reckon i need to install the saginaw pump, more pressure??,,
thankyou
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

Duran

hey mate did you get any  feedback on your issue ???
im in the same boat as you with the Borgeson but im going to be using a stock pump out of an Imperial (highter PSI that fits within the optimal range recommended by the manufacturer)
i havent driven the car yet so i cant tell you how it will be but thats why we are here right!

67tbird

I don't know if this helps you or not, I put a borgeson box in my 72 and have adapted the old pump fittings to it. Worked great for couple of weeks then it started squealing when it gets hot so I am now replacing the old pump with a reman to see what that does, til it started squealing it handled great.