News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HP exhaust manifolds

Started by Mr. Lee, September 15, 2019, 02:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Lee

Does anyone know what the original color was from the HP exhaust manifolds on a 69 440?

Thanks.

Challenger340

As far as I know ? the factory HP manifolds were just UN-painted Cast Iron ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

BLK 68 R/T

John_Kunkel

:iagree: Exhaust manifolds were installed when the engine was painted. Most burned off quickly leaving bare cast iron.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

b5blue

Mr. Lee

Quote from: John_Kunkel on September 16, 2019, 12:23:42 PM
:iagree: Exhaust manifolds were installed when the engine was painted. Most burned off quickly leaving bare cast iron.

Really? Never knew that. Any chance you got a pic of an original engine back in the days?

Thanks for the reply!

maxwellwedge

Quote from: John_Kunkel on September 16, 2019, 12:23:42 PM
Definitely.
Sometimes some paint remains around the flange.

tracpack440

I used BBQ and stove paint grey color on mine almost 10 years ago. They still look great today.  paint hasn't  burned off.
1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: tracpack440 on September 22, 2019, 10:09:46 PM
I used BBQ and stove paint grey color on mine almost 10 years ago. They still look great today.  paint hasn't  burned off.

I used that on my headers as well. Still look great.

Mr. Lee

Quote from: tracpack440 on September 22, 2019, 10:09:46 PM

That's a great idea! Thanks  :2thumbs: