News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Undercoat fresher?

Started by plasticman-32, September 16, 2019, 10:51:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plasticman-32

Hey guys
Questions my 68 has original undercoating and I prefer to keep it so it will be less work and cost less the undercoat is in very good shape, I know most remove and use a lizard skin or rubberized coating or remove and paint

But is there an alternative just to clean the undercoat and spray a black over it to make it look fresh is there a product that will stick to the original undercoat

Thanks guys

b5blue

Same here I used and like "Rust Encapsulator Undercoat" from Eastwood.  :2thumbs:

Alaskan_TA

Slow evaporating laquer thinner sprayed in a light mist from a paint gun will get some of the dirt off & make it look fresh for a while.

maxwellwedge

I spray it with varsol and steam clean. No steam cleaner available?....bristle brush and a ton of hard labor!

qwick68

I used POR 15 and painted my original under coating with a foam brush, worked great, a few touch up areas with regular spray undercoat and blended it in, great results.
68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise

plasticman-32

Quote from: qwick68 on October 01, 2019, 09:40:59 AM
I used POR 15 and painted my original under coating with a foam brush, worked great, a few touch up areas with regular spray undercoat and blended it in, great results.

Good idea I think I'll try that