News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any Interest in Wingcar Clone Project, Worth?

Started by wingcar, September 17, 2019, 08:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingcar

Here Goes:

I really hate to throw this out there as I understand it all depends on many factors.  But, I was hoping for some feedback. 
OK, due to age, health and lack of time to devote to the effort....I am seriously considering about moving on and selling my Daytona Project.   Not quite ready to pull the trigger, but money does talk.  I will not give it away, but am looking for a reasonable price based on what's included.   Really don't want to, but to quote Dirty Harry..."A man's got to know his limitations".  It's been sitting, untouched in the garage for way to long.  Just to see if there is any interest, here is the high and low points on the project.   

1970 Charger SE, originally a 318 automatic car, now has a 440 4 bbl.
Black interior with buckets and center console.
Has electronic ignition installed
'69 Charger taillights and trim
Replaced rear end with a Dana
Original Daytona rear wing and front fender scoops
NOS Daytona/500 rear window and Deck lid
Metal Deck lid hinges   
Used Original metal nose Z-support
Fiberglass Daytona front fenders and valance panel from Stringer
Headlight assemblies from Janak (missing buckets)
Fiberglass Superbird nose cone (Yes it fits and I was planning on a custom look, I was going to use Corvette LeMans style headlights...I still have these as well)
Wide Ansen on rear, US Style Mags

Down side:  It's been sitting for years and needs to be gone through front to back
May need lower quarters and maybe trunk floor (front sitting outside for a few years)

*The only Wingcar parts that are missing:
Headlight Buckets
Front Spoiler
Grille
A-pillar Molding 
Rear window molding
Daytona Headliner   
Headlight wiring harness

***Play Nice Now.......
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

70 sublime

Has the back window and trunk lid been changed or is this just a list of parts you have rounded up ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

wingcar

Metal Plug and window not installed....just included parts

Aero426

Being that you have some genuine and NOS Daytona parts,  if they have not been installed, it makes sense to sell those parts and sell the Charger as a '70 Charger project.    The rest of the repro wing car parts are gravy.    There is enough of a difference between a NOS Daytona back glass and a reproduction glass, that the real one would be very much in demand.   

Redbird

If you have original Wing, fender scoops, rear window, deck lid, and z-braces, why would you want to mix them with Stinger items?

bannedbird

Sorry you need to  be (thinking of) selling.  I understand about limitations and too many projects.  You have to sometimes let a few go.

It does make sense to look at the option to sell off the wing car parts: they are probably the majority of the value.  Because the car sat outside it is a big unknown to potential long-distance buyer.  But those NOS parts cant be too bad of shape.

I may be looking for a glass S'bird nose, so I'll be watching to see what happens in this thread.
- Superbird Steve - Chicago
1970 A13 E86 D32 B5 H2XW w/GIII, ITB, 6L85

mopar346

May first thought when I read the title and then the thread is, it's worth the sum of the parts. Not to down play the car or the project but the NOS stuff will bring more singularly than in this package in my view. Not that I am overly educated on NOS wing car parts but if this was NOS AAR specific parts coupled with a 318 72 Cuda my answer would be the same.

djcarguy

how bout some pix and info on car an engine??  I think the original an nos parts are big buck an wood belong on a real Tona ?

can ya post pix or sent to Tan Top or someone to post??    :popcrn: :drool5: :icon_smile_question: :2thumbs:

Nwcharger

1969 coronet wagon

aerolith

Hi Wingcar,

Sell the Charger as a project car and then sell the REAL Aero parts to REAL Aero Folks!
Using High Dollar parts on a clone is a bit of a strange idea?
If its a 'custom-build' then a Vega hatch is more than 'good enough'. :shruggy:

$20K for the Charger and the rest you can put on Ebay, 'one piece at a time', to the highest bidder...

Otherwise its $30K for the whole lot and let someone else make the tough decisions lol... :pity:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

djcarguy

aerolith

Would you be interested in a swaperoo for a REAL Charger 500?

Food for thought Mr.Wingcarman.

IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

kab69440

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

held1823

depending on the condition, i'd trade a pair of janek's best scoops and some cash for the originals, if you do sell and are trying to maximize the total.

those scoops are more valuable to a true xx car than the clone buyer

the same holds true for the z brackets
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

odcics2

Nice original scoops are worth about $1,500. - $1,800.+, to a guy with an XX. 

Money invested for original parts pays off in a few ways.  When you're done, you know the car is correct and you didn't cut corners.
If you ever sell, the buyer can't chisel you down, due to repop parts.

This goes for repop sheetmetel also.   

What would you rather own??   A car with 100% MoPar metal or one with repo 1/4s, floor pans, trunk pans, etc? 

Depending on the "XX" you have, a complete donor car could come in handy. What you don't use is desirable by others.   

My  :Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

held1823

wrong person to ask, if you want me to answer, because the investment angle doesn't enter the equation.

i'd rather own a pieced together car with a family connection than one totally untouched from day one without it.

not saying that most do not look at it through the same lens you do, but these cars are often exceptions to the rule

a large number of people want one they can drive, not one to only collect dust

i am saying that your price range on the scoops is off by a wide margin, at least to one guy with an xx car.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

odcics2

Quote from: held1823 on November 16, 2019, 08:29:43 AM
wrong person to ask, if you want me to answer, because the investment angle doesn't enter the equation.

i'd rather own a pieced together car with a family connection than one totally untouched from day one without it.

not saying that most do not look at it through the same lens you do, but these cars are often exceptions to the rule

i am saying that your price range on the scoops is off by a wide margin, at least to one guy with an xx car.

I wasn't asking you anything, Ernie.
Just a comment.  Scoop price was determined by an actual sale a few years ago.

ACUDANUT

Sell it all together on e-bay and let the real bidders decide on the price.  :Twocents:

chargerman69

I maybe interested in the car if the time comes

odcics2

held1823

Quote from: odcics2 on November 16, 2019, 11:44:35 AM
Quote from: held1823 on November 16, 2019, 08:29:43 AM

I wasn't asking you anything, Ernie.
Just a comment.  Scoop price was determined by an actual sale a few years ago.

sorry, i didn't mean to imply the comment was directed at me. i was just saying that not all potential or current owners looked at these cars the same.

as for the scoops, i passed on a pair for half of that amount. someone hit a home run with their sale
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

odcics2

djcarguy

aerolith

IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

wingcar