News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wideband meter kit recommended?

Started by b5blue, September 19, 2019, 10:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

I'm thinking about getting an Air/Fuel meter kit. Any recommended brand better/more reliable than others? Also with my dual exhaust having no crossover (Where I assume you'd put the bung.) how do you average L/R banks?   :shruggy: I'm not wanting a permanent set up just long enough to dial everything in.   

cdr

I have the Innovate, you will want it permanent, as the weather changes so does the tune.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Paul G

The o2 sensor can go on just one side. It only reads that side, but thats how most are. The aftermarket FI kits just use 1 o2 sensor. The sensor should be in the exhaust header a few inches ahead of the flange. It can go after the flange in the pipe also, just make sure you dont have a poor sealing flange.

1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

70sixpkrt

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

XH29N0G

You may want to log this (I did) and I used the provision of the innovate gauge for a laptop plug in.  the others probably also have this provision.  I would check to see if this is the case. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Kern Dog

I have the AEM unit in my car. It is really strange how years ago we tuned by reading the plugs, high vacuum readings and time slips. Tuning using these gauges is a really nice thing.

b5blue

I've been swapping out jets on my Proform 750.  :2thumbs:

JR

Before I went efi, I installed the autometer wideband. It works great, and has data logging.

Just make sure you have no exhaust leaks when you're done. Any leaks makes the whole gauge pointless.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green