News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Firewall prep and hole identification

Started by armor64, September 20, 2019, 10:28:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armor64

good morning all, I'm hoping to get some info on the firewall hole locations and what they are for (and what isn't supposed to be there)

I've (hopefully) attached 2 pictures of my restomod 68 charger and was hoping to get a list of where everything is supposed to be.

i know that the square hole and one beside it (wiring and vacuum switch) were welded over (for some reason) by the PO, and i will re-cut them and properly smooth it all out, but is there a resource that shows what every hole is used for?

the small one beside steering is Clutch? and the one above that is speedometer cable? but what about the reinforced one closer to trans tunnel, and the tiny holes above it and on the kick panel?

thanks all!

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

armor64

ok with some extra help from emails from members, heres what i have so far: (attached hopefully)
some are of course obvious but labelled anyway to hopefully help

green69rt

The hole labeled as "speedo cable" is the throttle linkage.  A lot of the small holes are the fasteners for the firewall interior insulation, plastic push-in plugs.

Here are some pics that I had on my hard drive.

armor64

yep you are correct, i added the wrong text.\

thanks so much for these! i Painted the firewall this weekend Sublime green and will be able to hang a tonne of the parts soon, these pics are perfect!

green69rt

I have an aftermarket AC system so the hole with the yellow/orange wire is not stock.  Also, the two holes with copper pipes are not stock.

hemi-hampton

Don't forget to paint the Power Brake Booster plate black, it never goes body color. LEON.

armor64

yes, i managed to remember to take the booster plate off before final primer (car was sandblasted and primed by PO).

still used primer on the plate though, as i had some left over. but black is the way to go for sure