News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

LED Taillight bulbs

Started by Tmb84, September 20, 2019, 05:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tmb84

is there any led bulbs there will fit in the original socket? -70 Charger
70' Charger 383 -top banana
71' hemicuda Sox&Martin "tribute"

ACUDANUT

Yes, if you go to a auto parts store, they will have a replacement for the 1157.

Tmb84

reason i ask is because the left side is brighter than right side and i dont see any reasons why it is like that. i was thinking maybe led bulbs would eliminate the problem.. ?

WhiteOnGreen

Quote from: Tmb84 on September 20, 2019, 10:03:34 PM
reason i ask is because the left side is brighter than right side and i dont see any reasons why it is like that. i was thinking maybe led bulbs would eliminate the problem.. ?
May be wiring resistance? melting contacts?  :scratchchin:

Canadian1968

It could be an older bulb compared to the others? Or you could have  a connection problem of some sort .

LED do come with other problems especially with the dual inputs on the 1157 ( one for brake and one for running lights ) The LED will give fwed back threw the other input and can cause your side marker lights to come on as well. Also there is thr flasher problem as well..Since the LED draws so little current it's might no pull enought current to activate the flasher or cause it to hypeflash. I tried the LED route and had to many problems . Went back to the orginal style .

Tmb84

okey, thanks. new bulbs didnt help at all. i grounded them with no luck. the wires looks ok. i hate electrical issues

b5blue

The rear harness connects to dash harness under the kick panel behind the emergency brake pedal. look for a crusty connector.