News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

RPM’s Jumping

Started by Ruby R/T, September 23, 2019, 06:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruby R/T

I have a 2012 R/T. My tachometer fluctuates between 1 and 3 regardless if I'm driving, at a stop, or at an idle. It happens when the A/C is on or off, in auto climate mode, and even when I turn the climate completely off. It's not a huge fluctuation, just small jumps. I have the most trouble when I try to coast around 35mph or less. It's acting like it wants to shift to a lower gear even though it shouldn't be and the RPM's start jumping more. Another forum suggested recharging the A/C, which I needed to do anyways, but no change after the recharge. I'm not a mechanic, I just know the basics. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

XH29N0G

This board is mostly for old chargers, but someone on here will likely be able to help. 

Unfortunately that will not be me because I don't have a present generation charger.  I wish you the best with sorting out your issue. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Ruby R/T

XH29N0G

It would also be a shot in the dark for me.  I like the look of the new generation chargers and wish I owned one, but .....

Usually there will be someone with one on here who will speak up if they have a solution to a problem posted for the new generation chargers.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

John_Kunkel

These new cars need to be scanned to find most electrical problems.

This $50 computer app does wonders:

https://appcar-diagfca.com/en/
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Ruby R/T