News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

727 valve body mods?

Started by b5blue, September 25, 2019, 09:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Valve body mods like allowing fluid circulation in Park and Neutral seem like a good idea but my motto for 24 years has been "the factory knew what they were doing" so what was the factory thinking? (Less drag at idle?)  :scratchchin: 

c00nhunterjoe

Fluid circulation in neutral from the factory, not in park. The modification is good for strip cars so that the fluid will circulate and cool while idling in park.

John_Kunkel

The reason there is limited fluid circulation in Park is because the original 727/904 was pushbutton controlled and the engine could only be started in Neutral. When the Park position was added to the valve body this left a wide open leak in Park which diverts much of the fluid flow. The factory knew what they were doing, and that this has detrimental affects, but decided to do nothing about it.

It took the aftermarket to rectify a 30+ old long problem.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

b5blue

cdr

Quote from: John_Kunkel on September 26, 2019, 12:05:10 PM
The reason there is limited fluid circulation in Park is because the original 727/904 was pushbutton controlled and the engine could only be started in Neutral. When the Park position was added to the valve body this left a wide open leak in Park which diverts much of the fluid flow. The factory knew what they were doing, and that this has detrimental affects, but decided to do nothing about it.

My 2003 Durango does the same thing, low flow in park LOL
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: cdr on September 26, 2019, 01:22:45 PM

Is that still an re trans or did that make the switch to the rfe?

cdr

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on September 27, 2019, 09:00:35 AM
Quote from: cdr on September 26, 2019, 01:22:45 PM

Is that still an re trans or did that make the switch to the rfe?

It is a RFE
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr