News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rear frame rails,trunk floor. flloor pans, torsions cross member. rockers

Started by werner, September 26, 2019, 10:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

werner

Canadian car getting rusty. it it possible to replace these panels properly in a garage without some kind of frame jig to keep everything aligned ?
Was thinking todo it section by section a little at a time ?

figuring parts 10k ?
1969 dodeg charger, 528 hemi ,Tko 5spd.

70 sublime

This guy seems to have a nice bunch of parts
I came across this when looking for parts for my 68
Wish he was a lot closer to be able to make the trip

Maybe you have more time for a drive  ;)

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-voiture-collection/sherbrooke-qc/frame-a-et-b-body-plymouth-dodge/1403309719?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

It does not look like it has the Charger gas filler hole in the floor and would be easy enough to cut one out but the rest looks good
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

green69rt

Quote from: werner on September 26, 2019, 10:33:58 AM
Canadian car getting rusty. it it possible to replace these panels properly in a garage without some kind of frame jig to keep everything aligned ?
Was thinking todo it section by section a little at a time ?

figuring parts 10k ?

I'm going to throw my two cents in here since that's exactly what I did but....it caused me some problems in the end that had to be corrected.  If I was doing it again, I'd do what a lot of guys on here would recommend.  First take the car to a frame shop to make sure the car is straight to start with.  Then buy a bunch of 1" or 1 1/2" box steel and build your own jig.  It's not that hard and it will save time in the end.  Maybe 100 to 150 feet of box and you're set.  Just my  :Twocents:

Oh, and you probably haven't listed all the parts you'll need.   Rear spring hangers, front and rear; gas tank cross member, maybe a wheel well or two, a bunch of little braces at the front of the floor that tie together the rockers, floor and front frame rails; seat belts braces under the floor, Wire covers.   But I can't see those costing $10K  unless that's Canadian and you pay full retail.  There are discounters out there for AMD parts, sometimes 20% off of list.

Mike DC

Typical car that just needs a Dynacorn repro shell for $17k - except they don't exist.