News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

White Hemi Superbird RM23R0A172594

Started by tan top, August 26, 2019, 05:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6bblgt

for a 1970 Road Runner - a HEMI was a $841.05 OPTION
for a 1970 GTX - a HEMI was a $710.60 OPTION

for a 1970 SUPERBIRD - a HEMI was a $710.60 OPTION (since the A13 "Superbird Package" covered the $$$ for the upgrade to 440HP 4-bbl, same as base GTX)

Wingnut426

Thanks 6bblgt! I knew someone had the answer.  WINGNUT
HEMI Daytona Convertible

426HemiChick

Quote from: A383Wing on August 29, 2019, 05:44:40 PM
your comment about them being there for rust proofing and for covering drilled holes is completely wrong....that was my point....as I said, all the cars have these plugs for getting to the vent frame mounting attachment bolts....and the plugs are supposed to be the color of the interior

go open up your service manual and you will see what I am talking about

Bryan

Hi Bryan,                      27 September 2019

As we promised:

QuoteIf we get a chance we'll try to open a door to see what our plugs look like.

Managed to get the door open on the Six-Pack Super Bee. The car is bright red with a white interior. The door plugs are BLACK. The car has 2681 miles on it and has been stored 50 years. There's no chance the plugs were changed. Don't ever remember seeing a car with door/body access plugs color coordinated with the interior; wouldn't make sense for a production line product.

Knowing how careful Chrysler was when they were building these cars, color coordinated plugs would have been one of the last things Chrysler would have specified. As sorry as the quality control was back in those days, it's amazing they managed to get the front and rear of the cars painted the same color.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

A383Wing

Quote from: 426HemiChick on September 27, 2019, 08:49:39 PM

Don't ever remember seeing a car with door/body access plugs color coordinated with the interior; wouldn't make sense for a production line product.

and yet your previous answer to the plugs was you said they were for covering the holes for body work....you are just making stuff up now as you go along...I have a box here with black, white, and red plugs for the door vent frame mounting holes....you need to do your research before trying to convince all of us your knowledge of these cars that you know everything about

Also don't know why you have to post all your vast knowledge, or lack there of in everyone else's threads....again, like you have done in the past

Bryan

426HemiChick

Quote from: A383Wing on September 28, 2019, 01:10:36 PM
Quote from: 426HemiChick on September 27, 2019, 08:49:39 PM

Don't ever remember seeing a car with door/body access plugs color coordinated with the interior; wouldn't make sense for a production line product.

and yet your previous answer to the plugs was you said they were for covering the holes for body work....you are just making stuff up now as you go along...I have a box here with black, white, and red plugs for the door vent frame mounting holes....you need to do your research before trying to convince all of us your knowledge of these cars that you know everything about

Also don't know why you have to post all your vast knowledge, or lack there of in everyone else's threads....again, like you have done in the past

Bryan

Hi Bryan,                    28 September 2017

Please go back and carefully reread what I originally wrote. I never said that Rust Proofing or body work was why the black plugs were there; I said it was a POSSIBILITY and nothing more.

Your statement that the plugs are supposed to be the same color as the interior is not supported by what is in our 69 440 SIX-PACK, they are BLACK, the car is bright red with white interior.

Are we supposed to believe because you have a box of red, white and black plugs that they are to be used for matching the interior of the car? It would make more sense if you had said to match the color of the car's PAINT.

Were red, white and black the only color interiors and exteriors offered for the wing cars?

I posted on this thread because I thought I had something to offer; I didn't post to argue. If I was wrong to post here, why are you posting?

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

Redbird

Several years ago there were plenty of pictures of the 5/50-Tosten/Jennings car on the web, including lots of pictures of the white bucket interior. They were very informative.

There are enough survivor white interior cars, including 1970 bucket and bench interior cars available for review. After a while it becomes much easier to spot cars with restoration issues. Looking at all the 1968-1970 survivor white interior cars you can find helps one understand how they were built.

White interior cars had 2 white door plugs at the front of the doors on each side. Yes, there is probably a white interior car with original red plugs out there. But I wouldn't put too much value in random unstudied tweets.

A383Wing

Yes, my white interior car which is original has white door plugs... not black as someone thinks they only made

Bryan