News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Classic Superbird Meetup Pictures - Anyone or there car in these pics?

Started by RammJaeger, October 02, 2019, 09:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RammJaeger

The previous owner of my car had it for 42 years, and had some pretty cool classic pictures from various Superbird meet ups. I thought it might be cool to share a few. I also was curious if anyone can spot themselves or their cars in any of these pics.

The first batch are from July 17, 1977 at Michigan International Speedway:

RammJaeger

Chrysler Proving Grounds, late 70's

Talkiemoparjr

I was 12 years old there with my parents. Our first Aero car event!
The green Bird could be theirs since both have white lettering. Have to get him to dig out the old albums.

RammJaeger

Quote from: Talkiemoparjr on October 03, 2019, 07:27:30 AM
The green Bird could be theirs since both have white lettering. Have to get him to dig out the old albums.

That's awesome! Which event were you at? The Michigan Raceway or the Chrysler Proving Grounds?

taxspeaker

Thanks for posting

In your 7th slide-the picture of 10-15 cars lined up, with the patriotic Bird at the bottom of a row, my blue B-5 bird (without the vinyl top) is in there. Owned by James Cash at the time.

Actually thinking of repainting it the patriotic, Day 2 scheme if I don't sell it!

Thanks again-a real pleasure to look at the old pics.
Bob J

Talkiemoparjr

Quote from: RammJaeger on October 05, 2019, 07:28:06 AM
Quote from: Talkiemoparjr on October 03, 2019, 07:27:30 AM

That's awesome! Which event were you at? The Michigan Raceway or the Chrysler Proving Grounds?

Well I think the parade lap was the main event until someone at the last minute said they could get everyone in if we get there extra early so we could make the parade lap.  When we hit the giant high banked test oval dad had it going pretty fast .  He came to the turn and moved to the high part of the track next to the guard rail, mom asked WHERE WAS HE GOING???  His reply was I'm not going I to the turn on the bottom running 120+ mph!!
When we made it to MIS, the track personal let everyone enter the track thru one of the pit lane entrance.  The crowd walking behind pit wall got backed up and the track people stopped us and a yellow Talladega in front of us.  When the crowd eased they let us go. The Talladega pulled out first then us. A puff of black smoke exhaust came out of the pipes and dad said hang on so he nailed it and caught up with the Talladega, dad says he felt like Petty trying to stay on the lead lap. We both made the transition from pit row to the racing surface and another puff out of the Talladega dad said here we go again.  Thru turns 1 & 2 then the back stretch @ 120+ with people in the infeild chearing us on.  When entering turn 3 an arm cam out of the Talladega waving us to slow down in a hurry!!  The rest of the cars ahead of us had slowed to a crawl to wave at the crowd in the main grandstand :eek:  
Needless to say next time we came back they took us out on the back stretch lined us up and we probably went 10 miles an hour the whole time :slap:
I am sure my Dad, the original talkiemopar,  will correct any discrepancies I've made here.  :yesnod:

Talkiemoparjr

In picture number 8 the bottom black bird with a hood scoops I think is Kenny brackets car.