News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Advice on selling my 70 Charger.

Started by abqmoparbill, October 03, 2019, 08:14:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abqmoparbill

I am about to put my 70 Charger R/t up for sale and I would appreciate any advice members may have on how to go about it.  I have never done this before and I am a little intimidated by the prospect of setting a price and dealing with buyers.

The car is in good condition and I have just spent some serious cash on fixing some issues.  I am waiting on an appraisal. Right now I .am planning on offering it on Hemmings. 

I have posted a picture of the car on the Post a Pic of your Charger thread, see abqmoparbill post under #355.

303 Mopar

Give a very detailed description, be honest and show pics of the good/bad/ugly, price it a little higher than what your bottom line is to allow for wiggle room and be patient and kind to all because you never know who is a tire kicker vs a real buyer.  Also appraisals don't mean crap when it comes to a fair market price, just being honest. Look at sold prices on ebay, auctions like mecum and cars-on-line to find what the market is willing to pay. Remember you are selling your car heading into winter so that will impact the value and time it will take to sell.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

73chgrSE

Drive it around some and see if someone throws an offer out there. I personally think the market on classic cars is going down again after a slight bump this year so you may want to delay listing it. Fall and winter seem to be the worst times to sell. Wait til spring after tax season to list it.  :Twocents:

70 sublime

Depends what part of the world you live in also

Put it on ebay with a very high reserve that you can live with if it sells but if it does not sell it will give you an idea what the general buyer is willing to spend
Yes a turn key type of car will bring a better price after a long frozen winter just as the grass starts to turn green again than it will when it is time to go into winter storage
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

AKcharger

All advice above valid. Question is do you NEED to sell. If so price it right and advertise on sites with lots of traffic especially for overseas cause prices are gonna drop here REAL soon. I've kinda got my '70 for sale too, I figure October is last month to advertise then it's Christmas time and everyone poor till Spring.

VegasCharger

Are you guys saying that the prices are going to drop due to going into the winter season?

OR:

Are the prices are going to drop in general?

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

73chgrSE

Quote from: VegasCharger on October 04, 2019, 03:21:43 AM
Are you guys saying that the prices are going to drop due to going into the winter season?

OR:

Are the prices are going to drop in general?

Both

67440chrg

jefferson

AKcharger

Thought i'd revisit this post cause now it's the '72 I want to sell after getting another '70 B/O Charger. lol, never know what the future brings!

So I'm going to put car on ebay and biggest question is payment. I know cashiers checks are worthless, asking someone to carry cash is a lot, what have you guys found to be the best method? Also whats the deal with people covering plates and VINs? are the scared their going to  what make a fake title and come steal it??

- Jefferson you were kind of right :-)

Oh P.S.
- My last '70 I priced somewhat high and it sold FAST, I was suprised... Glad I set price for what I did
- Was wrong on prices goind soft, for 2nd Gens anyway
- After looking for a suitable "toy" for a year found another CREAMPUFF '70,  thrilled with it, it all worked out
- Back to same problem, don't need two cars