News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Selling my Superbird

Started by Luis9995, October 05, 2019, 08:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luis9995

Hey there everyone. So I've been thinking about selling my Superbird because I think personally buying a house would be the right way to go at my age. Took me years and years of saving and looking to find. But I figure I'm still young and at least had the chance to own one for a bit over a year and have time to hopefully find one again in the future. But at 24 I think a house would be a better way for me to go.

So here it is. 440 4 barrel originally but has an original 6 pack set up on the numbers matching engine, does run and drive. 69,XXX original miles. Automatic on the column, bench seat, limelight green. Exterior Paint was redone in 1980. Interior paint such as engine bay, trunk, etc is original.  The car was originally from Indiana purchased out of farthing sales in Rushville, indiana. The car was owned by don Smith from Indiana until I bought it. He had it from 1980 on. So wasn't exposed to the elements too long. And was always kept indoors. He also had it at the 500 museum of wheels. I can send you links to videos where you can see it in the background and I have the pop up sign for it from there with the logo. I believe it to Be original body panels doesn't appear to have anything replaced. You can come verify. Or send someone to verify.

Ask me any questions. I do have pictures but I can't upload any for some reason from my phone. Car did have rallies painted green but I have changed it to the correct argent and have a picture of that. Also did the center caps. Clean title in my name. I do have a buildsheet. Recipes of when I bought it.

I'm asking $120k or best offer. I do have a bottom dollar. Just figure I won't list that price and firm because people always seem to try and offer less. Price is fair for the car. It's not a trailer queen with a 100K restoration but it's not a project either. A really great looking driver you can drive and not be scared to take out. I myself have driven it about once a week since I got it. Expect maybe the last two months only about 2 times since as I put it on Non-op status while I debated on selling to not pay a whole year of CA registration. I am located in California.

Feel free to text me or give me a call (818) 271-0467

Birdflu

Wow! I remember your hunt as my wife and I were also in the hunt to replace a car we sold years ago! Tough decision to make, however, you have to do what your 'gut' tells you to do! Good luck with your sale!
Gary

Luis9995

Thanks! Yea I figure I'm young and can possibly be lucky enough to own one again down the road. I hopefully still have many years ahead of me.

rainbow4jd

You know - life happens.

Home ownership is something that will prove of value to you (and your family) in many different ways.  Not only having a place to live, with a lower payment than renting, but also building your credit rating - which can be a big financial asset - are examples.     

The other thing to think about (even at age 24) is retirement.   Investing in yourself and your own future.   When I'm fortunate enough to retire in a few years, I'll actually get a pay raise, because I saved and invested wisely.   

Speaking of that - go find an investment counsellor!  I've bounced around several, but Edward Jones, is my personal recommendation.  (My own 26 year old daughter is set up with them)

I was fortunate to buy my Superbird at the right time - cheap, from a desperate seller, in a worse condition than yours, and when I was single.   I got it up and running and did a cheap repaint to hide the rust.   Then, I found a cheap storage garage.  It wasn't until 35 years later that I actually had the money to restore it.    Then, I figured out - that if I had invested the money I spent - way back then - I'd have earned about three times the value in the stock market than what my car is worth now.   

I've also learned that classic car ownership is a lifestyle (one that not everyone in my family shares).   Turns out - me and my dad were the only ones interested in going to car shows.   I had to relocate for a job away from my best car buddy - so that killed our "guys coming over and hanging out" thing.

And sadly, I've learned that having a perfectly restored car is not necessarily a fun car.   I'm not a mechanic and MY mechanic (where my car is also stored) is seven hours away.    I'm glad I own it - but I think I would have been a lot happier keeping my 70 non-matching numbers Barracuda daily driver.

Good luck in life and never look back with regret.

Luis9995

Thanks! That's some good wisdom. I appreciate the advice. I'll be listing on eBay probably in a couple days or the weekend the latest. Just need to get some newer and better pictures.