News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

adding 4 speed reverse light to my dash

Started by dodgebee, October 06, 2019, 10:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgebee

you guys know what size hole cutter to  add the reverse light to my dash. thanks

Mytur Binsdirti

It's bigger than 1/4" and smaller than 1".

igozumn

Just did this.  But I've slept since then.  More than once.  I just measured the light's threaded portion and went and bought my first unibit stepped drill bit.  Worked well.
A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."

John_Kunkel

Quote from: dodgebee on October 06, 2019, 10:24:13 AM
you guys know what size hole cutter to  add the reverse light to my dash. thanks

Year? Model? Here's a pic that I think is B-body.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

bad88t-top

Hi guys,  I'm having a wiring problem with my 70 CHarger R/T where the dash reverse light will not turn off.   I recently had my wiper motor redone my Topher McGinnis and have messed with installing a tick tock tach.  I got the tach working but now the reverse lights are staying on whether the car is in reverse or not.   Any ideas?  Bill
TX9 70 Charger RT: 6 pack, 4 speed, A33 Saddle interior, red stripe
EB7 70 Charger RT SE: PS, PB, PW, PSunroof, Defogger, Air, loaded
FC7 70 Charger RT: 440 4 speed, Dana, white longitudinal, black vinyl
EB5 70 Charger RT: 440 4 speed, Dana, B5 interior, white long stripe
EB5 70 Charger RT SE: V code 4speed A34, charcoal interior, loaded
F8 69 Charger: Power Sunroof Car
13 Duramax 2500HD: Tow Rig
17 Durango RT

moparfan53

Quote from: bad88t-top on February 08, 2020, 12:16:55 PM
Hi guys,  I'm having a wiring problem with my 70 CHarger R/T where the dash reverse light will not turn off.   I recently had my wiper motor redone my Topher McGinnis and have messed with installing a tick tock tach.  I got the tach working but now the reverse lights are staying on whether the car is in reverse or not.   Any ideas?  Bill

I just saw this one week old post. If you have not found the problem yet, I suggest first unplugging the harness from the transmission switch. That will confirm if it is a wiring issue or just a coincidence that the switch failed at the same time.

:cheers:

ACUDANUT

Why was this a Option to begin with. lol

bad88t-top

Thanks for the response.   Everything works now except the dash Reverse indicator light, it stays on all the time.    Driving me nuts for sure. lol
17 Durango RT

oldgold69

is the reverse switch shutting off  just a thought

DAY CLONA

Quote from: bad88t-top on February 08, 2020, 12:16:55 PM

The 70 only B body wiper harness has a tap that combines the 4 spd back up harness with the wiper harness, either someone got some wires "crossed" during the rebuild, or your switch on the tranny is shot and the circuit is in closed mode

bad88t-top

The back-up lights are working as they should, it's only the light on the dash that stays on all the the time.   I'm thinking it's something with the wiper motor because this is the second car I've had Topher McGinnis rebuild the wiper motor on and the dash light stays on.    Any ideas what it could be in the wiper harness?   I talked to him before and he has no clue.
17 Durango RT

70sixpkrt

Back up light switch could be bad. I had a problem where every time I would put it reverse, the radio would go off.

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

moparfan53

Quote from: bad88t-top on February 19, 2020, 03:18:11 PM
The back-up lights are working as they should, it's only the light on the dash that stays on all the the time. ...

Have you tried unplugging at the connection I circled below to see if any change? I think that will help narrow down where the problem is.

:cheers: