News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Correct tempature gauge decal ?

Started by Canadian1968, October 06, 2019, 07:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canadian1968

So I spotted a post about early 68 chargers have an incorrect tempature gauge decal ? When i got my decal kit a few years ago I also noticed the 2 different decals , I just put in the same that there . But going threw some tempature problems lately , I notice my gauhe just seem to be reading high ? I check the thermostat housing with infered thermometer I get 170 when my gauge is saying closer to 200. But if I had the decal installed it would be much closer if not bang on.   How do u know which decal the car came with ,

b5blue

Wouldn't be the first time to find a bad temp sender for me? Put the laser beam on the sending unit to see.  :2thumbs:

JimShine

I used the one that matched the design on my gauge (took photos). I don't know how you would accurately figure out which version you have as the part number is screened on the gauge face. Otherwise they are identical. I believe my early production 1969 has the first version with the temp range almost perfectly centered. I guess if the second, offset style decal was applied to the first version gauge by accident, it would throw off the readings on the high end.

Canadian1968

well I have a new sensor as well . So gonna try it first see if there is any difference at all .