News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Storage Question

Started by 69bronzeT5, October 08, 2019, 04:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Hey all;

Had a question I was hoping to get some opinions on if possible please. I'm looking to store one of my newer cars in my grandparent's garage for winter storage (October-April). In the past, I've had two of my old Charger projects there. My biggest problem is that my uncle lives with my grandparents and spends most of his time hanging out in the garage; listening to music, drinking beer and smoking cigarettes with the doors closed. My '69 was there for a number of years under a cover with the windows down (and holes in the floor LOL) and when I brought it home, my garage stunk like cigarette smoke for quite a while until the car aired out. As mentioned, I'm looking to store one of my newer cars in the garage over the winter. I'd obviously have all of the windows closed and a cover over the car. I know the newer cars are sealed up way better than the old ones. Should I have any concerns about the cigarette smell getting inside? Any way to prevent it if so? Unfortunately it's a bit of a story but asking my uncle to stop smoking in the garage really isn't a possibility  ::)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

djcarguy

RENT aporta pot use it to block him out of the garage ,and put his beer an music in the potty house with a seat pillow .ha ha  best I could think of this early.   :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: djcarguy on October 09, 2019, 11:08:27 AM
   RENT aporta pot use it to block him out of the garage ,and put his beer an music in the potty house with a seat pillow .ha ha  best I could think of this early.   :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

:smilielol:

taxspeaker

We put a ozonator inside our smelliest bird-it has done wonders including getting rid of smoke smell. Leave it plugged in and running on low all the time inside the car, tell your uncle to vape. On 2nd thought skip the vaping idea-I hear it kills you much quicker than smoking.

paironines

Id say the new car will still smell like smoke. Id rather leave it outside then deal with the smell. Thats alot of daily drivers you have there.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: paironines on October 09, 2019, 06:52:20 PM
Id say the new car will still smell like smoke. Id rather leave it outside then deal with the smell. Thats alot of daily drivers you have there.

The Civic and Ram are the only true daily drivers. Rest are seasonal.

4cruzin

I don't think it will be an issue . . If you have the car sealed up and a cover on it, of course the cover will smell but I would be surprised if the inside of the car would get much smoke in it . . . Also get a smoke eater and put it next to where he smokes and that would take care of a lot of the smoke.  Good luck! 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

krops cars

I agree. I use to smoke in my shop where  our cars are. Also cut and welded. Nothing smelled in side. Once you get pass the smell you have it licked.