News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Automatic Console shifter - 2nd to Drive Missed shift to Neutral

Started by RollinThunder, October 08, 2019, 09:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RollinThunder

Many years ago, running like 15's in the quarter mile at the track.   Moving the shifter from 2nd to 3rd (Drive) before the finish line, and accidently went too far and hit Neutral.  As there is no detent on the stock shifter to prevent this. (By the way, nothing prevents a 1 to N accident either...hence the next generation slap stick shifter).
Has this happened to anybody else?  And is there a solution that keeps the stock appearance?

cdr

I welded stops so it works lik an aftermarket shifter, CRT Cope Racing Trans sells replacement detent plates for stock shifters also.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr