News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My 1972 Plymouth Duster build

Started by WHITE AND RED 69, October 09, 2019, 01:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

No, no, no.....
This sub-forum is titled "Car Guys Discussion".
The Duster fits that category. I think it looks great.

JB400

Quote from: ACUDANUT on October 26, 2021, 11:19:57 PM
What does a diagrea green72 Duster doing on our site ? Yuck
Shining in the spotlight.

timmycharger

Let's see your cars, I don't recall ever seeing posted. Do you even have a Charger?

And WTF is diagrea?

WHITE AND RED 69

Damn, if your gonna insult my build the least you could do is spell diarrhea correctly.  :slap: 

Here's a few recent photos of my diagrea green duster for the good folks who enjoy other builds.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Kern Dog

WHITE AND RED 69

Been a while since I posted but the car is working real good these days. Just been putting on some miles and cruising it.

Finally got around to adding in the subframe connectors and will eventually do the fender and core support braces to strengthen it up. Also finally got a performance alignment done. Ended up with +5.75 caster and had to go with -1.5 degrees on camber. Anything less on the camber and it would rub slightly on real hard cornering. But the tires will probably age out so not too worried about the extra wear. All I care is that it drives smooth now. Here's a couple photos from the last few months.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

WHITE AND RED 69

Another project I did was another cleanup on the paint. I left some sanding marks from when I painted it so figured it was time to properly clean it up and give it a proper polish. Once it was nice and shiny I did a ceramic coating to keep it protected. But after doing it I actually prefer a good sealant and wax. The wax just has a better feel to me over the special coatings. But it is nice and shiny with the coating, just hopes it lasts as long as they say.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

WHITE AND RED 69

And here's a couple photos after the paint correction.

Next on the list is I need to paint the underside of the hood. That is the one spot that bugs me now that the rest of the paint is looking good. So I'm hoping to tackle that in the next couple weeks.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Kern Dog

Great looking car. I enjoyed chatting with you at the Mopar Alley show in Cupertino. The stance and wheel & tire choice for the car is superb.  :2thumbs:

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: Kern Dog on July 05, 2022, 01:33:48 AM
Great looking car. I enjoyed chatting with you at the Mopar Alley show in Cupertino. The stance and wheel & tire choice for the car is superb.  :2thumbs:

Thanks Kern! Good talking to you as well. Going to have to make it up to the Sacramento shows and check out your cars one of these days.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Kern Dog

I wish that I could bring my car to the show. I'm always the guy that brings the signs and pylons so I get stuck driving my pickup. I haven't been able to bring my car to one of our shows in 10 years.
I'm still diggin those wheels and tires on your Duster. I have a pair of 295-35-18s for the rear of my Charger but kept thinking that they'd look too short until I saw your Duster. They look great.....Time for me to make the change. I have 295-45s now.