News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My 1972 Plymouth Duster build

Started by WHITE AND RED 69, October 09, 2019, 01:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WHITE AND RED 69

And the current project is a new TTI exhaust. I got started on it the other day and welded in an 02 bung but ran out of time getting the rest of it in. So hopefully sometime this week I can button it up.

Really wished I painted the exhaust manifold when I had it off. Looks like crap next to the new exhaust. It'll happen eventually.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

WHITE AND RED 69

Also installed the hood scoop and hood pins. Just need to cut out the holes for the air to flow through but I'm planning to make an aluminum plate to clean up the look under the hood.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Kern Dog

The wheels on that car are bad ass. I want a set for THIS car:

WHITE AND RED 69

The wheels are one of my favorite parts on the car. Well worth the cost to me, tires on the other hand I went overboard.  :lol:

I put them on the charger just to see what they looked liked. Wish I took better pics to get the full view but I liked it. Would look great with a 315 out back.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Kern Dog

The 2015 Challenger advanced press pictures showed a Black R/T with those wheels. I was REALLY hoping to order our car with them but they were never actually offered. What a tease.
I love the style. They look great on a variety of cars.

nvrbdn

Incredible build!! Just seen this. Where has it been hiding.  :cheers:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Back N Black

First time seeing this thread, awesome build. I just picked up a 75 Dart about a month ago, great cars. I wonder if that grill would fit my Dart?  :scratchchin:

TexasStroker

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

WHITE AND RED 69

Been a while since I last updated the thread so since the last post I got the exhaust all buttoned up and decided to swap out the steering box for a borgeson unit. Install was pretty smooth but I did have to shim it a bit to line up cleaner with the steering column. Has a much nicer feel now rather than the over assisted stock box.

Also while the column was out, I gave it a freshening up with some a coat of paint and swapped out the collar for a floor shift unit. Now aside from adding a heater box the interior should be almost finished.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

WHITE AND RED 69

Another item that was bugging me was the electric fan up front was louder than the motor! So I added back a standard fan and used made a temporary shroud. Cools great and if it does get hot I have the electric fan as a backup that will turn on at 210 degrees.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

WHITE AND RED 69

Also got around to cutting the holes in the hood for the scoop. Didn't want to just cut a huge hole so decided to cut three 3.5" holes and make an aluminum plate with some dimple die holes to clean it up. I'm happy with how it turned out. Now just need to repaint the underside of the hood.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

WHITE AND RED 69

Here's a couple shots from the weekend. I'm wanting to get the front end down another half inch or so but I'm sure that will cause some rubbing issues. But it's cruising nicely and has been a fun around the town cruiser. But definitely needs a little more power.

Also trying to decide on a stripe. Originally wanted to do a custom one along the T/A or AAR style but might just go with the stock stripe...But I also kinda like it without it. It's nice and clean without one but I think there is just too much green.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Kern Dog

That is a great looking car. Nice work.

Back N Black

TexasStroker

Looks like a great cruiser.  I wonder what a factory style stripe, but in a slightly darker green would look like. 

The aluminum plate is a nice touch...mine just has most of the triangle cut out.

How did the kick panel speaker pods work out?
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

WHITE AND RED 69

Thanks guys! It has been a fun project   :cheers:

Quote from: Back N Black on August 27, 2021, 11:10:05 PM
Very nice build, Here is a pic of the hood scoop set up on my Hang 10. It works very well.

What's the scoop like on yours?
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: TexasStroker on August 28, 2021, 04:10:43 AM
Looks like a great cruiser.  I wonder what a factory style stripe, but in a slightly darker green would look like. 

The aluminum plate is a nice touch...mine just has most of the triangle cut out.

How did the kick panel speaker pods work out?

I thought about doing a lighter green so it would be like a ghost stripe but I'm just not sure what will look good. I already have the tail light panel with the black decal so I'm thinking the black stripes would work best.

Kick panel speakers are working great. I didn't want to cut up my new door panels so this worked out much better. 
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

TexasStroker

Ah, yeah the black would make since given the tail panel stripe.  Dusters have so many good lines, stripes just tend to accent them.  The green-on-green would be cool, but you'd almost have to buy it and apply it to see what you really think...black is a safe bet to look killer.

Glad the kick panel speakers are working well...If I ever wind up finishing out the interior to a more street setup, they were on my short list of things to add...Sort of need a radio first  :lol:
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

Back N Black

426HemiChick

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on August 27, 2021, 12:17:17 AM
Here's a couple shots from the weekend. I'm wanting to get the front end down another half inch or so but I'm sure that will cause some rubbing issues. But it's cruising nicely and has been a fun around the town cruiser. But definitely needs a little more power.

Also trying to decide on a stripe. Originally wanted to do a custom one along the T/A or AAR style but might just go with the stock stripe...But I also kinda like it without it. It's nice and clean without one but I think there is just too much green.

Hi WHITE AND RED 69,                 04 September 2021

Fantastic looking build, extremely clean and sleek. In our opinion, it doesn't need a stripe, it is exceptional as is. Congratulations on a super fine build.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

68RT440

You could always do a '71-'72 Demon stripe...it's a little thinner and cleaner looking IMO...
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

aerolith

Cool Car, Cool Colour, Cool Wheels and even Cooler engine!!! :coolgleamA:

Mini-lites, a UK made magnesium wheel for (you guessed it) Mini's... :-\

ITS NOT EASY BEING GREEN! :smilielol:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: aerolith on September 22, 2021, 06:02:11 AM
Cool Car, Cool Colour, Cool Wheels and even Cooler engine!!! :coolgleamA:

Mini-lites, a UK made magnesium wheel for (you guessed it) Mini's... :-\

ITS NOT EASY BEING GREEN! :smilielol:

Thanks!

Love the old trans am cars. I'm hoping to build a 70 Challenger just like that one...someday.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

67440chrg

Its looking great. It is a great cruiser.

ACUDANUT

What does a diagrea green72 Duster doing on our site ? Yuck