News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My '74 Power Wagon I Ordered New in August '73

Started by KurtfromLaQuinta, October 14, 2019, 04:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KurtfromLaQuinta

I'm kinda new here... but I have a '70 Charger roller I intend to make into a Daytona clone.
I've owned it for about 8 years now waiting for the timing marks to align before I spend the big bucks.
Getting real close.
I plan on doing the build and documenting it all here at DodgeCharger.com.

I've been a fan of anything Mopar ever since I was a follower of Dick Landy in the mid 60's.
I have owned almost only Mopars since I got my driver's license in '70.
My first Mopar purchase was my 1974 Power Wagon... that I still have.
It's been a long trip for sure... it'll be 46 in December.
For the complete story... if you have lots of time... check it out here...

https://ramchargercentral.com/mopar-trucks/my-'74-power-wagon-i-ordered-from-dodge-on-873/

djcarguy

:popcrn: :2thumbs: i'll be reading an follow a Daytona build . :popcrn:  will look at your link too .my dad an I have owned a lot of old dodge trucks an cars .  I have a 76 4x4 snbox ,but it bee a chevy mostly stock,orannge  .  Saw new wing cars when I was 10,50 yrs later still love an dream of them .   :2thumbs: :cheers:

RallyeMike

Well I read the whole thing since I am limited on what I can physically do right now. Quite a story. Thanks for sharing the link.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

KurtfromLaQuinta

Quote from: RallyeMike on October 15, 2019, 10:18:20 AM
Well I read the whole thing since I am limited on what I can physically do right now. Quite a story. Thanks for sharing the link.
Thanks for paying attention!
I appreciate it.

KurtfromLaQuinta

Lennard

KurtfromLaQuinta

Quote from: Lennard on October 19, 2019, 07:03:39 AM
Welcome Kurt, you own a badass truck! :thumbs:
Thanks... but it's just a truck.  :icon_smile_big:
Trucks get no respect. Mine proves those people wrong by assaulting all their senses.  :lol:

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Ghoste

KurtfromLaQuinta

Quote from: Ghoste on October 29, 2019, 05:38:31 AM
Welcome.  Love those 70's power Wagons.
Me too.
There's not a lot of them around in decent shape anymore.

HANDM

Awesome truck!
My wife has a T/A and she lover to hammer on it too!

KurtfromLaQuinta

Quote from: HANDM on October 29, 2019, 09:17:29 PM
Awesome truck!
My wife has a T/A and she lover to hammer on it too!
Thanks!
Is your wifes T/A a newer one or an original... either way they are both cool!

My daughters...

HANDM

It's a 2018 that I bought for her new although it's just a lowly 5.7 and not the 392...... :lol:
Oh and it's F8 green  :drool5:

KurtfromLaQuinta

Quote from: HANDM on October 30, 2019, 10:49:15 PM
It's a 2018 that I bought for her new although it's just a lowly 5.7 and not the 392...... :lol:
I also have a lowly '09 Challenger Classic R/T.
But it did come with a Lifetime Warranty on the drivetrain... the fools.  :icon_smile_big:
Ours is the red one...

ACUDANUT

Quote from: KurtfromLaQuinta on October 30, 2019, 11:28:31 PM
Quote from: HANDM on October 30, 2019, 10:49:15 PM
I also have a lowly '09 Challenger Classic R/T.
But it did come with a Lifetime Warranty on the drivetrain... the fools.  :icon_smile_big:
Ours is the red one...

In 8-10, maybe 20 years, when you file a claim, good luck with your lifetime warranty !!