News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Win a Cookie!

Started by Neal_J, October 17, 2019, 05:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neal_J

A couple of years ago, my sons and I removed the intake manifold to replace a leaking gasket on our '69 318.  The teenagers lost interest and their I got busy at work.   Recently, everyone's interest was magically renewed and we restored the parts and reassembled everything.  We' drained the tank and installed fresh gas and a new gas filter.  We have fuel, we have crank, but we don't have spark.  Or start. Sad face.

We didn't remove the distributor to replace the intake; instead,we marked the cap and distributor body to get it back in the same place.  I've replaced the coil and new one has resistance within spec. Running Pertronix Ignitor to the coil.  Replaced the ballast resistor for fun, made no difference.

What am I missing??  Whoever's advise helps get the car running wins a box of cookies of their choice.  

Thanks, Neal

krops cars

Take a 12 volt test light. Test for power at + side of coil. Crank it. If there is power during cranking go - side turn over. Test light should blink while you crank. If it does not Pertronix is bad. Before you condemn it. Some pertronix have a gauge to set the distance from the module to the pick up.