News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

dash harness

Started by mAdMoPaR, October 21, 2019, 03:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mAdMoPaR

Just about done reinstalling the dash harness. Just cant seem to remember where these last few connectors go. My FSM has been some help although a bit confusing. My dash is a 68 with rallye gauges and factory a/c. first pic is what looks like three tan plugs and one brown. The seconds is a what I think is either two pink and a white wire or one pink one (violet?) and one white.

green69rt

Two pink together and one white goes to the brake light switch that is mounted on the brake pedal.
I think, you need to confirm...

The two tan wires that are tied together go to the windshield washer button.
The other two go to the windshield wiper switch.  One or two may not be used depending on if two or three speed wiper motor.

mAdMoPaR

Two speed motor, does it matter which one i use?  :cheers:

green69rt

Quote from: mAdMoPaR on October 21, 2019, 05:43:27 PM
Two speed motor, does it matter which one i use?  :cheers:

I have a three speed so don't remember.  The FSM should help.  One of the wires may have a white tracer on it but yours look pretty faded so good luck.  You may have to trace to the motor connection.

Edit:  I just remembered that the washer button gets its power from a connection on the wiper switch.  Ma MOPAR ran the wire into the harness then turned it around (inside the harness!) then back out so if you do a continuity check between the two on the button and the other tan and brown you should be able to figure them out.

mAdMoPaR

Thanks everyone I think I found the one that goes back to the switch. You can't really tell from the pic but one of the two that aren't tied together has a notch cut into the plastic connector and the only open spade terminal left open on the switch has a part of it raised so only that connector will fit. Lol was only able to see it with a really good flashlight.

green69rt

Quote from: mAdMoPaR on October 23, 2019, 05:18:01 PM
Thanks everyone I think I found the one that goes back to the switch. You can't really tell from the pic but one of the two that aren't tied together has a notch cut into the plastic connector and the only open spade terminal left open on the switch has a part of it raised so only that connector will fit. Lol was only able to see it with a really good flashlight.

Sometimes that's what you have to do.  It's good that you can move forward now.