News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

60 Dart Seneca 2dr.

Started by lloyd3, October 26, 2019, 05:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyd3

I'm shocked it does so-well in all the ice and snow until I remember just how much it weighs (like 4,400lbs). It's still not ready for prime-time but I was 18 once myself and I understand the desire to take it out once in a while. He works all the time now, every weekend and 3 nights a week after school. Not my place to say "no" anymore.

Aero426

How are his Kaiser projects coming along?

lloyd3

Aero426: Not much progress on that front of late. He has a new girlfriend and, of course, winter and junkyards aren't a great combination. As he describes it, he's been biding his time and saving his money for the next break in the weather. I do know he just bought some window seals so he could replace a bunch of glass in it (only one fellow in the world makes them). I just moved his blower off of my work bench so I could use it for another project so....he's got a long way to go still. This project used to drive me a bit crazy but... it's actually been a good distraction for him (this is the 1st girlfriend in quite a while).  All I know is what I was doing when I was his age (& he clearly isn't).

lloyd3

No fear here. I wouldn't have taken it out, knowing this snowstorm was coming. But, of course, Dad was following him home with a 4x4 truck....

Kern Dog

Every classic car that we pamper today was likely used as a daily driver for someone when they were new. Snow, rain, gravel roads, heavy traffic...all of that was normal usage.

lloyd3

Cold spring day here. The Dart almost looks like a real car now after a rattle-can touch-up.  Still needs a fuel filter change about every thousand miles because of all the rust in the tank and my boy tells me it's needing points again. Ah, the joys of older car, eh?

It did make it to the car show last Saturday though....and got at least as much attention as my '68 did, which was very fun for my son.

lloyd3

Really need a driver's door glass for this car at the moment. You folks found the unfindable for this car 2-years ago (back-up light lenses). Any chance of that happening again?

RallyeMike

These cars have flat glass on the sides, so it is easy and fairly inexpensive to have it made. The shop should have dimensions for most cars, but you can always bring in your piece to use as a template (would also help match color). Search "custom auto glass" in your area and I'm sure you'll find a place.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

lloyd3

Thanks Mike, we'll try that.

Kern Dog

Thanks for the pictures, Lloyd. I like seeing that old car out in the mix with other cars. It really stands out!  :2thumbs:

lloyd3

KD: Thank you.

If you'll forgive me for bragging a little, our son graduated from highschool last Wednesday. Had family in town to attend and we spent several evenings involved with the process (a Lutheran high school, so a few more events than the standard public highschool process that the wife & I went through).

He also had a little event with one of his buddies at his friend's local family ranchette, which both families attended. A nice little do with even a small car show there(!). This involved a few vehicles owned by his peers and some of the local friends and family (His car, my car, a '69 AMX, a 70 R/T, SE Challenger (clone), a '66 Mustang, & two or three older PU trucks.)  A food truck provided the chow and the libations were lemonade (and even blackberry lemonade!). In a moment of weakness, I allowed him to take his "buddy" for a short ride "around the block" in my car. The ride went a bit longer than he had initially described (& w/3 friends, not 1) and my car got a little dusty (he somehow drove it down a dirt road?). He was also followed back to the party by an irate neighbor "for going too-fast in the neighborhood" which has a 25mph speed limit.  He's still just an 18-year old kid, after all, and I was overly-trusting to do it (not happening again for a while now). It would seem that these cars are still a significant temptation after all...

426HemiChick

Hi Lloyd,              12 September 2022

Congratulations on your son's graduation, you and your wife deserve a "Well Done." As we looked at the photo we thought we were seeing William Shatner, aka James T. Kirk.

What did you do the first time you got your hands on a hot car, see how slow it would go?

God Bless You and Your Family.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

PS:

A brake pedal is for emergencies only.
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court