News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

part location

Started by Moeggenpar, October 27, 2019, 02:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moeggenpar

I had the rear window assembly apart and forgot where this part goes on my 68'. Maybe under the upper door trim? thanks for any info

green69rt

That piece goes inside the quarter windows at the bottom inside of the window.  If you get inside the car and start trying to fit it up, you'll find out how it goes pretty quickly.  The top pad is attached to it.  I'll see if I can find a pic.

green69rt

Here you go!

Moeggenpar

nchrome

Green69rt l noticed the window (cat wiskers ) that aren't wiskers where did you get them that is defenately one way to stop rain getting inside to rust things away  Did you also do that to the doors too?

green69rt

ask this guy on the site.  He has helped me a lot!!

69bfan

Or look on his site

https://restorationpartsandmaterials.com/

doctor4766

Quote from: nchrome on October 27, 2019, 09:25:21 PM
Green69rt l noticed the window (cat wiskers ) that aren't wiskers where did you get them that is defenately one way to stop rain getting inside to rust things away  Did you also do that to the doors too?
Those cat whiskers are to stop dust, not water.
Your doors have drain holes at the bottom to allow water to run out.
Thinking you'll ever stop rain from getting inside any car door is but a dream.
Gotta love a '69

green69rt

Quote from: doctor4766 on October 28, 2019, 02:42:15 AM
Quote from: nchrome on October 27, 2019, 09:25:21 PM
Green69rt l noticed the window (cat wiskers ) that aren't wiskers where did you get them that is defenately one way to stop rain getting inside to rust things away  Did you also do that to the doors too?
Those cat whiskers are to stop dust, not water.
Your doors have drain holes at the bottom to allow water to run out.
Thinking you'll ever stop rain from getting inside any car door is but a dream.

Agree, you can stop the flood but the windows will probably leak into the door cavities anyway. If you haven't done so, it might be a good idea to dump a little water in the bottom of your doors to see if the drain holes are open.  If you worry about leaving water in there just blow it out with air.  Also when working around those rear quarter windows, its a good idea to stuff some rags in the bottom of the doors.  There is a narrow cavity in the bottom that becomes the resting place for little screws, nuts, clips etc.  Take the towels out when you put the final panel on.

nchrome

l understand what you are saying its just what you have will stop a lot of the water getting in unlike the wiskers will. l know you can't stop all water from getting in and yes l made sure my quarter drains are open. Don't plan on driving in too much rain but can't control the weather

green69rt

Quote from: nchrome on October 28, 2019, 08:22:36 PM
l understand what you are saying its just what you have will stop a lot of the water getting in unlike the wiskers will. l know you can't stop all water from getting in and yes l made sure my quarter drains are open. Don't plan on driving in too much rain but can't control the weather

Sounds like you're on the right track.  Any pictures to share?