News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Imagine...

Started by lloyd3, October 30, 2019, 02:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyd3

My wife just backed out of the garage and tore the antennae off of our 2006 Montero. The recent snows and bitter cold have the trees lining the driveway all bent over because many still have their leaves (it was 76 degrees on Saturday there).  She was focused on not sliding out of control (the driveway is very steep).  I'm sitting in rental SUV, in a field in the middle of nowhere Nebraska and yet...I fired up the hot spot on my cell phone, fired up my laptop, and then bought a replacement mast on Ebay for $25, shipped. It will be at my house on Tuesday.  Think of all the things that had to work in order to do that....am I a rube for being impressed by all that?  Boggles my mind.

RallyeMike

I do sometimes think about how amazing it is. the power at our fingertips. And we mostly take it for granted.,Who woulda thought?.. It's quite remarkable.
Of course right now the painmeds and muscle relaxers for my back make everything amazing, so maybe its not that big of adeal>?  :lol:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

will

You hold more technology in your hand than they went to the moon with.

lloyd3

Will: I have heard that. The CPU on the Apollo 11 capsule wouldn't out process a 286 desktop.  If only I was Generation "D", I could run the world with my cellphone.  No wonder these kids fall into open manholes and mall fountains.

Ghoste

The world at your fingertips.

wingcar

Technology is great and makes life better (for the most part), but there is nothing that can replace getting behind the wheel of a 50 year old car and just cruising...without a computer telling you how and where to drive.....
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

XH29N0G

Times have changed.

I wish that were the case when I backed out of the garage straight into my grandpa's car. Also wish my parents had recognized my sister was wrong for arguing while I drove. 

I spent the next two weeks fixing it, just because she disagreed about driving to school with the windows down.   
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Ghoste

Quote from: wingcar on November 01, 2019, 06:22:01 AM
Technology is great and makes life better (for the most part), but there is nothing that can replace getting behind the wheel of a 50 year old car and just cruising...without a computer telling you how and where to drive.....

So so so very true. :cheers: :cheers:

alfaitalia

We've  just discovered fire in my village!.......its great!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

b5blue

I forget about what winter means up there sometimes.   :o  We may dip into high forty something later this week here in Florida. (For 1 day.)

Kern Dog

Quote from: alfaitalia on December 01, 2019, 10:54:09 AM
We've  just discovered fire in my village!.......its great!

Indoor plumbing is really great too.

XH29N0G

sure is.  greater than sticking our backside out the little window in the bathroom after yelling "clear out below".
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....