News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

https://www.mecum.com/auctions/kissimmee-2020/collections/tony-dagostino-collect

Started by nascarxx29, October 30, 2019, 09:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Mytur Binsdirti

Ghoste

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Mytur Binsdirti

I wonder what's going on to cause the rust stains on the top radiator tank around the radiator cap on the Daytona?

Also, why does it have a 1970 VIN sticker in the driver's door jamb?

Not trying to pick it apart, just observations.

odcics2

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on October 31, 2019, 07:38:55 AM
I wonder what's going on to cause the rust stains on the top radiator tank around the radiator cap on the Daytona?

same here...   :Twocents:

Alaskan_TA

Beep Beep Dave

Daytona's should have the VIN sticker on the door. Most people don't think about it but the Daytona's were being shipped to dealers as the 1970 Model Year cars were also being made and shipped.

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

Beep Beep Dave

I believe Tony D still has more cars. Maybe Mecum presented him with an offer he couldn't refuse? Look at those You Tube video's...they are very well done. And those really seem to be quality cars he is offering up. I was drooling while I was watching them last night.

Dave

1970 Charger R/T

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Mopar John

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on October 31, 2019, 02:41:08 PM

Daytona's should have the VIN sticker on the door. Most people don't think about it but the Daytona's were being shipped to dealers as the 1970 Model Year cars were also being made and shipped.

Dave
I don't think that's totally correct.
The 2 Daytona's that I have owned did not have them.
There was a discussion about this topic at one time and it depended on the build date of the car.
But I don't remember when the stickers started showing up?
MJ

Beep Beep Dave

I would think the door VIN sticker was mandated by the feds for the 1970 model year. For Chrysler that would have started Aug 1st 1969. So seeing that some Daytonas were delivered before that date I could see why your car(s) didn't have one. I made to broad of a statement. Thanks for the correction.

Dave

1970 Charger R/T

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Mopar John on October 31, 2019, 07:09:52 PM
Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on October 31, 2019, 02:41:08 PM

Dave
I don't think that's totally correct.
The 2 Daytona's that I have owned did not have them.
There was a discussion about this topic at one time and it depended on the build date of the car.
But I don't remember when the stickers started showing up?
MJ

The three that I have owned over the years did not have them either.

Finoke

It will be interesting to see what they go for. I remember seeing the Challenger convertible when he first got it 20 years ago. A very nice original car.

mel t

TONY

If i recall correctly the vin sticker was on the door jamb prior to disassembly for restoration so we put it back

the coolant was just filled (overfull really) and the cap wasn't all the way tight, so after the car was shut off after running at operating temp, some coolant came out of the cap and the residue wasn't wiped off prior to the video.
so even though it has a new core radiator and of course the engine block was tanked/cleaned, but that was close to 10 years ago, so i guess the coolant has some rust color to it.

it has the octogon grille as some other original Daytonas had. thats been documented by dave patik, frank badalson and also dave benasutti who have all seen original unrestored daytonas with the octagon grille. when my car was disassembled it showed all the signs of having been in the nose since new

i'm selling because i have too many cars and not enough time to use them. i haven't driven some of my cars in years, and its just doing me or the cars justice to have them sit like they are. besides the 5 cars at auction ill still have 6 old cars and a couple of harleys.

TONY

Quote from: Finoke on November 01, 2019, 05:09:15 AM
It will be interesting to see what they go for. I remember seeing the Challenger convertible when he first got it 20 years ago. A very nice original car.

thank you
you know ive owned that car over 20 years and have never registered it and driven it besides my trip home from buying the car.

thats my motivation for selling.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: TONY on November 02, 2019, 11:57:37 AM

If i recall correctly the vin sticker was on the door jamb prior to disassembly for restoration so we put it back

the coolant was just filled (overfull really) and the cap wasn't all the way tight, so after the car was shut off after running at operating temp, some coolant came out of the cap and the residue wasn't wiped off prior to the video.
so even though it has a new core radiator and of course the engine block was tanked/cleaned, but that was close to 10 years ago, so i guess the coolant has some rust color to it.

it has the octogon grille as some other original Daytonas had. thats been documented by dave patik, frank badalson and also dave benasutti who have all seen original unrestored daytonas with the octagon grille. when my car was disassembled it showed all the signs of having been in the nose since new

i'm selling because i have too many cars and not enough time to use them. i haven't driven some of my cars in years, and its just doing me or the cars justice to have them sit like they are. besides the 5 cars at auction ill still have 6 old cars and a couple of harleys.

Thanks for the explanations and best of luck with the auctions.    :2thumbs:

gtx6970

Quote from: TONY on November 02, 2019, 11:58:56 AM
Quote from: Finoke on November 01, 2019, 05:09:15 AM

thank you
you know ive owned that car over 20 years and have never registered it and driven it besides my trip home from buying the car.

thats my motivation for selling.

Tony,
Good luck with the sales, Hopefully all sell and make a nice retirement nest egg.

I would LOVE to have the 1966 Satellite myself over all the others combined. 'But''''' odds are its well outside my target budget

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

odcics2

"it has the octogon grille as some other original Daytonas had. thats been documented by dave patik, frank badalson and also dave benasutti who have all seen original unrestored daytonas with the octagon grille. when my car was disassembled it showed all the signs of having been in the nose since new"

Are there pics of the cars at Creative or being hauled to dealerships with these Bird grilles?   That would be 100% proof this happened.

There was a Daytona about a 1/2 mile from my house when I was 13.  By the summer of 1970 that grille was mashed in.
What's to say the guy went to a dealer and asked for a grille and got a Bird part?  He put it in and 40 years later it appears original.

Weren't all the Daytonas out the door and at dealers before the Birds even got started?   I just find it hard to believe that random Daytonas got Bird grilles installed at Creative when they weren't being produced yet.   :shruggy:

AKcharger

I might have to run down there and bid on one...no way I'll win it but will be fun to say I bid on a Daytona  :2thumbs:

nascarxx29

The octagon Daytona square mesh wasn't a specific.wingcar part it was expanded metal.
.On another note we know 340 ta motors at factory went into dusters to keep line going when a short age occured.And chyrsler had subvendors as in the case of Hackett brass I found. Casted Daytona wings.I agree I would like a day one picture.Without hexagon.It could be easily damaged in transport to dealer or the hauler.And car sat unsold and screen was swapped?Like wheel covers by dealers.But a day one picture.Or random workmanship.Might been what happened.We will never know for sure.Like a 70 Daytona issue
Quote from: odcics2 on November 07, 2019, 07:10:26 AM
"it has the octogon grille as some other original Daytonas had. thats been documented by dave patik, frank badalson and also dave benasutti who have all seen original unrestored daytonas with the octagon grille. when my car was disassembled it showed all the signs of having been in the nose since new"

Are there pics of the cars at Creative or being hauled to dealerships with these Bird grilles?   That would be 100% proof this happened.

There was a Daytona about a 1/2 mile from my house when I was 13.  By the summer of 1970 that grille was mashed in.
What's to say the guy went to a dealer and asked for a grille and got a Bird part?  He put it in and 40 years later it appears original.

Weren't all the Daytonas out the door and at dealers before the Birds even got started?   I just find it hard to believe that random Daytonas got Bird grilles installed at Creative when they weren't being produced yet.   :shruggy:

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701