News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

complete body paint job 70 charger

Started by jerry, October 31, 2019, 09:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerry

70charger. painter wants to single stage inside trunk and interior then base clear complete outside. why not base clear everything? how would you do it ? [same color]

birdsandbees

Interior all gets covered so why waste $$$ paint, but no reason not to use the same process on trunk and engine compartment.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

jerry

i am talking about trunk and inside of car [doors]red car with black interior.doors are 2 tone black and red.

jlatessa

That's the way our paint shop did our 70 Charger, looks great.

Joe

jerry

green69rt

I used single stage on interior, trunk and under hood,  BC/CC everything else. Same color everywhere. If I were doing it again I would BC/CC engine compartment.  The engine compartment color is really close but in certain light you can see a difference.  Door jams also BC/CC.

hemi-hampton

I've done many rotisserie jobs where I'd use single stage on under side, trunk & engine compartment. Then the entire outside exterior in BC/CC. But I only do this on Solid colors. Why, I feel these parts of the car need a more durable coating ( like Urethane or Polyurethane) to put up with the abuse they will receive like rock chips, mud, water, road debris, oil & brake fluid spills under hood, spare tires & jacks thrown into Trunk, ect, ect.  LEON.