News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2020 Challenger - 50 Years

Started by RallyeMike, November 01, 2019, 06:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RallyeMike

Anyone heard anything on whether there will some kind of anniversary package? Either Dodge has been strangely silent about this or I'm just out of it. I was surprised that the 2020 production does not start until next month and the only stuff I can find on line is that 2020 will generally be a repeat of 2019 with the exception of 3 colors going away and three new ones coming in (losing purple and lime  :'( )

Maybe anniversary packages are not big draws?
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

JB400

Dodge is supposed to announce it at the LA Auto Show

Q5XX29

Some big Challenger announcement from Dodge at SEMA next week...
dakota_gt on Instagram

RallyeMike

Thanks, guys... I'll tune in next week.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Mike DC

They started making that Challenger in 2008.  They don't plan any major restyles until probably 2023.  That's 15 years.  Wow.

JB400

Quote from: Q5XX29 on November 02, 2019, 04:13:57 AM
This is rumored to be the ACR version for road course use.

odcics2

Quote from: JB400 on November 02, 2019, 11:28:36 AM
Quote from: Q5XX29 on November 02, 2019, 04:13:57 AM
This is rumored to be the ACR version for road course use.

Not a rumor.  Pics on allpar for a few weeks now...
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 02, 2019, 04:52:44 AM

They started making that Challenger in 2008.  They don't plan any major restyles until probably 2023.  That's 15 years.  Wow.

Yeah a redesign would be a nice 50th anniversary surprise.   :Twocents:
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Ponch ®

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 02, 2019, 04:52:44 AM

I swear, the "Modern Mopar" crowd is either the most loyal or dumbest, gullible fanbase.

Every year Dodge comes out with some new version of the same 15 (25, if you subscribe to the 'its a re-worked E-class chassis' narrative) year old cars and they just eat it up. "Oh but this one is a different shade of yellow!" "Oh but this one has a widebody!" "no no no its totally different...last year it had 6.4 badges, this year it says 392" and so on...
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Ghoste

I imagine Peugeot will drop it for some global chassis.   ;D

Mike DC

I wouldn't mind them making the same chassis for 15+ years . . . if they designed it well the first time and then the price never increased throughout the run.

RallyeMike

These Challengers have been out long enough now that some people are probably buying their second one. It would be interesting to find out what % are repeat owners. That would tell a lot about the car.

I personally wish they would redesign making them a little smaller, slimming down the proportions, and figuring out a way to shave off some eight. I may or may not be looking to buy one but I might wait until 2023 to see if they make some improvements.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

Ponch ®

Quote from: RallyeMike on November 05, 2019, 08:25:54 PM
These Challengers have been out long enough now that some people are probably buying their second one. It would be interesting to find out what % are repeat owners. That would tell a lot about the car.

I personally wish they would redesign making them a little smaller, slimming down the proportions, and figuring out a way to shave off some eight. I jmay or may not be looking to buy one but I might wait until 2023 to see if they make some improvements.

My wife and I have owned 2 Challengers (2010, 2015) and currently have a 2019 Charger Daytona (our 4th charger..2006, 2008, 2014).

Truth be told, I kinda wish I hadn't gone with the 19 Daytona - but I think we're pretty much done w these cars unless there's a significant improvement/redesign. well probably go in a totally different route when it's time for a new car. They're getting boring and old. Lipstick on a pig.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Mike DC

Warner Bros could reboot 'Dukes' with modern LX cars.  

They would have an endless supply.  Keep a handful of V8 cars around for chase footage.  Stockpile the V6/auto models for ramp & crash work.  

Kern Dog

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 06, 2019, 12:31:07 AM

They would have an endless supply.  Keep a handful of V8 cars around for chase footage.  Stockpile the V6/auto models for ramp & crash work.  

I'd be okay with that.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 06, 2019, 12:31:07 AM

Dukes was really an awful TV show, other than the cool car stuff. And even then, Chargers were somewhat of an odd duck, which added to the General's appeal. There's a Challenger at every intersection.

Mike DC

I'm joking around.  The old 'Dukes' couldn't happen again (at least not as a weekly show) for a bunch of reasons.  

The writing would have to be better & more realistic for the show to survive these days.  That would inevitably mean a lot fewer car chases/stunts.  The stuntwork is also more expensive today and it's not just the price of the cars.  Audiences are harder to impress, film crews have unions, safety matters more, studio insurance rates have gone up, etc.  

And then there is the rebel flag.  Warner Bros has made the decision - no more flag on the car.  (Too much mainstream pressure.  WB is a big studio with other franchises to worry about.)   But a lot of the 'Dukes' fan base would object if it isn't there.  The studio has no winning move on this issue so they have stopped playing.  They aren't even licensing any more GL toys/models now.    

Ponch ®

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 07, 2019, 02:15:03 AM

And then there is the rebel flag.  Warner Bros has made the decision - no more flag on the car.  (Too much mainstream pressure.  WB is a big studio with other franchises to worry about.)   But a lot of the 'Dukes' fan base would object if it isn't there.  The studio has no winning move on this issue so they have stopped playing.  They aren't even licensing any more GL toys/models now.    

snowflakes on both sides would have a meltdown either way. One over what is there, one over what isn't there.

odcics2

Ponch ®

Quote from: odcics2 on November 08, 2019, 09:20:42 AM

Check out this 1500HP all wheel drive Charger...

https://www.allpar.com/news/2019/11/speedkore-dodge-charger-hellcat-widebody-is-a-1525hp-masterpiece-46453

:coolgleamA:

there's a point with street cars where horsepower becomes a d!ck measuring contest. Low key I don't think I've ever needed more than the 400-ish in my stock Charger.

Q5XX29

If that AWD system is AT ALL up to the task, that thing should put up some incredible performance figures. Wow.
dakota_gt on Instagram

Mike DC

Yeah the AWD is a game-changer.  It makes the usable HP figure much higher.  

But still, I doubt the usable figure will be near 1500.  

I'm wondering about the car's curb weight.  

Speedkore is a carbon fiber shop that uses existing crate motors.  And what does the press coverage do?  They usually talk all about the horsepower & don't bother to list much weight data.  :slap:

odcics2

Mike DC

The Titanic had 50,000 horsepower.  Still wasn't very fast. 

Weight matters.      

odcics2

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 09, 2019, 10:38:47 AM

The Titanic had 50,000 horsepower.  Still wasn't very fast. 

Weight matters.      

Sure it does, but not to me.  I'd take a 7 second Challenger over a lighter, slower car!!   :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Mike DC

QuoteSure it does, but not to me.  I'd take a 7 second Challenger over a lighter, slower car!!

We could have something smaller/lighter with the same HP if they chose to build it.  

Mopar has the biggest/heaviest modern ponycar and they still build the Hemis with iron engine blocks.  They aren't even trying.  

Kern Dog

Quote from: Ponch ® on November 06, 2019, 12:19:24 PM

Dukes was really an awful TV show, other than the cool car stuff. And even then, Chargers were somewhat of an odd duck, which added to the General's appeal. There's a Challenger at every intersection.
To pseudo-intellectuals as it appears that YOU are, it may have been an awful show. You have displayed numerous times what an elitist-wannabe that you are so I am certain that you were not their target audience. I'll bet that you would be ashamed to enjoy laughing at a show with a redneck theme.
The show was not expecting to change the world but it did have several good things going for it.
Bad guys always lose.
Family matters more than anything.
Honest people prevail in the face of corruption.
Dodge Chargers are great cars.
If it was such an awful show, lets hear what YOUR favorite shows have been?
Murder, She Wrote?
Housewives of Orange County?
Kardashians?
Meet The Press?

Lennard

RallyeMike

Speaking of the Titanic.... Another topic hits an iceberg and begins it's decent.... 
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

Ponch ®

Quote from: Kern Dog on November 09, 2019, 07:41:39 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on November 06, 2019, 12:19:24 PM

To pseudo-intellectuals as it appears that YOU are, it may have been an awful show. You have displayed numerous times what an elitist-wannabe that you are so I am certain that you were not their target audience. I'll bet that you would be ashamed to enjoy laughing at a show with a redneck theme.
The show was not expecting to change the world but it did have several good things going for it.
Bad guys always lose.
Family matters more than anything.
Honest people prevail in the face of corruption.
Dodge Chargers are great cars.
If it was such an awful show, lets hear what YOUR favorite shows have been?
Murder, She Wrote?
Housewives of Orange County?
Kardashians?
Meet The Press?

Triggered much?   :smilielol:

odcics2

Quote from: RallyeMike on November 10, 2019, 11:22:20 AM
Speaking of the Titanic.... Another topic hits an iceberg and begins it's decent.... 

Only 2 pages!     :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:   :lol:

Kern Dog

People that insult the DOH show are so often the type that I mentioned: People that think that they are intelligent and sophisticated, too refined to be bothered by a show based on rural characters.
Let yourself laugh. You are not going to be respected MORE for shitting on a show.

Ponch ®

Kern Dog

???
I thought you played the skin flute. Violin too? What a talented guy!

Ponch ®

odcics2

Ponch ®

Quote from: odcics2 on November 14, 2019, 08:13:38 AM

:smilielol:

You guys are a riot!  

:cheers:

a riot? Really? Bc im from LA or something? You must be some kind of intellectual elitist and a [insert thinly veiled racist and/or junior high school homophobic insult] who thinks everybody in LA got a little bit of thug in em.

I'm triggered by your comments!  

Kern Dog

I'm not sure about the changes you made to the Stars and Bars flag....

Ponch ®

Lennard

Ponch ®

Kern Dog