News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Will my 383 2BBL linkage work on a 4BBL Holly or Carter setup.

Started by green69rt, November 07, 2019, 02:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

green69rt

I was cleaning up a bunch of rods, etc. from the old car (383 2bbl) then thought that maybe I was wasting my time.  Can I use those old parts or should I wait till the final carb/intake choices are made?  Gas pedal and kickdown.

Any advice guys?

A383Wing

the gas pedal cable is different length, and the two rods that go from the carb to the bell crank on the back of the intake are also different between 2bbl & 4bbl

Bryan

green69rt

Quote from: A383Wing on November 07, 2019, 04:21:14 PM
the gas pedal cable is different length, and the two rods that go from the carb to the bell crank on the back of the intake are also different between 2bbl & 4bbl

Bryan

Just to make sure, the two rods with blue arrows and the cable with the red arrow are what you're talking about?

Thanks, looks like I'll be letting those parts sit still I know the final setup.  

A383Wing

no....I'm talking about the two pieces that screw together between the bell crank and the carb.....the front piece slips over the cable stud, then the rod with the blue arrow screws into that

Bryan

green69rt

Quote from: A383Wing on November 08, 2019, 06:33:39 PM
no....I'm talking about the two pieces that screw together between the bell crank and the carb.....the front piece slips over the cable stud, then the rod with the blue arrow screws into that

Bryan

Ah, got it.

b5blue

Save everything Mitch! I had a heck of a time sorting out the swap to Proform 750 (Like Holley.) from 6BBL for my A/C install. Trans. kick down linkage is costly/critical and throttle linkage needs to be looked at as part of carb. selection along with thermal spacers, air cleaner, fuel lines and pump.
  Look it all up, sort it all out and cost it on paper before buying anything! I lost 200.00 in express shipping for parts not used that were sold for 50 cents on the dollar. Consider tuning, I doubt any aftermarket out of box carb. will be ideal and that may lead to installing an air/fuel meter so you want a bung for the sender.  :2thumbs:

green69rt

Quote from: b5blue on November 09, 2019, 09:05:04 AM
  Save everything Mitch! I had a heck of a time sorting out the swap to Proform 750 (Like Holley.) from 6BBL for my A/C install. Trans. kick down linkage is costly/critical and throttle linkage needs to be looked at as part of carb. selection along with thermal spacers, air cleaner, fuel lines and pump.
  Look it all up, sort it all out and cost it on paper before buying anything! I lost 200.00 in express shipping for parts not used that were sold for 50 cents on the dollar. Consider tuning, I doubt any aftermarket out of box carb. will be ideal and that may lead to installing an air/fuel meter so you want a bung for the sender.  :2thumbs:

Thanks for the heads-up.I learned a while back to never throw anything away.  I've started accumulating quite a large box of spare parts, unused parts, mystery parts.  I'm going to have to start another box!