News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tab Thing on Valance Corners

Started by westcoastdodge, November 09, 2019, 04:09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcoastdodge

Hey guys,hows it going??,just wondered what you are supposed to do with the tab that is on the AMD rear valance corners?? :shruggy:
was just going to cut them off as they dont seem to serve any purpose....
I don't care what is is designed to do,I want to know what it can do.
Gene Kranz

armor64

i think it gets bent sideways to weld to the valance to support the bottom corner or the corner piece itself

70 sublime

I thought when I took my rusty corner of the car apart that was still all original
That tab was between the bottom of the of the quarter panel and the trunk extension lower lip
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Mike DC

Nice work.  That's a big job. 

Any comments on how all those AMD (I assume) panels came together?  Places that had to be chopped/pounded/etc? 

gtx6970

Quote from: westcoastdodge on November 09, 2019, 04:09:18 AM
Hey guys,hows it going??,just wondered what you are supposed to do with the tab that is on the AMD rear valance corners?? :shruggy:
was just going to cut them off as they dont seem to serve any purpose....

supposed to tuck in under the rear valance

hemi-hampton

Here's my unrestored original. LEON.

westcoastdodge

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 11, 2019, 06:00:19 PM

Nice work.  That's a big job. 

Any comments on how all those AMD (I assume) panels came together?  Places that had to be chopped/pounded/etc? 

hi Mike yep all amd,front complete floor fit like a glove,rear footwell floor just needed a small trim at the front on the driver side to make it the same length as the passenger side(no problem) rear underseat pan fit perfect,trunk floor pan early 2 peice the fold on the driver side at the rear was in the wrong place had to flatten and refold where it met the rear panel(if that makes sense??)think they may have fixed that issue tho.heard that some people have issues with the 1/4s mine where not to bad just had to make a relieve cut where the rear corners meet both sides the same.will probably have to modify around the rear window corners aswell as the shape is a little off.got lots of pics that i will upload.not really a body man so will probably take me twice as long :popcrn:
Gene Kranz

westcoastdodge

Gene Kranz