News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

‘68 Hood not closing/latching all the way

Started by BrokenHero, November 10, 2019, 01:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrokenHero

Had some work done at a shop, they had hood all the way off, and now it won't shut/latch all the way.

I've since had the car shipped so can't have the shop that put the hood back on fix it, but wondering if this is something I can fix on my own.

The hood looks a little off center and the area closest to windshield looks a little higher. Is this something I can adjust with regular tools?

Thanks
1968 Dodge Charger
383 4 barrel
PP1 red, black vinyl top
Los Angeles, CA

JB400

1/2 inch socket on a 3/8 ratchet with a little bit of time and patience is all you need. A buddy on the other side helps.  The two bolts on the hood adjust the hood front to back.  The 3 bolts on the hood hinge to inner fenders adjust the hood up and down.  Loosen your bolts up just enough to move the hood and make adjustments.  You want a nice even gap between the hood, cowl, and fenders.

Set your gaps right, and if it still doesn't latch, there's 2 bolts that hold the latch in place.  

Welcome to the forum

BrokenHero

Great, thank you!! Will give it a shot and post tips if I'm successful.
Thanks for the welcome to the board - glad to be here! Had my charger since
around 2002 and went to one of the Wayne Wooten TDC events in Washington.
1968 Dodge Charger
383 4 barrel
PP1 red, black vinyl top
Los Angeles, CA