News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sold my Charger 500

Started by WB General Lee, November 18, 2019, 10:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WB General Lee

I POSTED THIS ON FACEBOOK BUT I FIGURED I WOULD PUT IT HERE ALSO
SOLD MY 500 AND REGRET IT!
FYI-DON'T EVER DEAL WITH A GUY NAMED TIM WINNIE FROM PENNSYLVANIA
This guy ran me around for six months and I waited on him because he told me he really wanted this car. I didn't advertise it although I had other people that wanted it but I figured I'd be a nice guy. That's the last time I do that. The guy came out to look at the car and had me fix a few things on it and told me he would split the cost which he didn't. Then told me he had to sell his Challenger because his wife wouldn't let him buy another car. I guess we know who wears the pants. He came to pick up the car and brought some guy with him to try to pick the car apart. He was talking about some screw that was the wrong one which is absolutely ridiculous. The car was a rotisserie restoration and was beautiful. He was 3K short of the money and I told him OK as long as you promise to pay, you can have the car. He gave me a baseball to hold that is worth absolutely nothing. Now after taking the car he will not answer the phone for close to two months. It looks to have been his plan form the get go. This is why I am posting this to let people know what kind of guy he is. People who know me know I am a straight shooter. The only reason I sold the car because I bought a Superbird. I guess it's my bad for being a nice guy but I will definitely learn a lesson from this.

70 sublime

Rule # 1
Car never leaves until paid in full
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

DAY CLONA

Well that blows!... at a minimum you should have held the title until the rest of the cash materialized.... :scratchchin:

WB General Lee

I bought a Superbird recently and made up my mind to sell the 500. If I knew that I really knew who I was dealing with I would've shut it down months ago. I didn't want to store another car but wish now I had just taken my time and put it on the market. The car was beautiful.

nascarxx29

I met Tim W  once at a carlisle we had same hotel he had a 69 charger that was in a few magazines,WB 500 looked like Troys 500 beautiful  car
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

WB General Lee

That's the guy. He brought some so-called know it all with him to critique the car. The guy could barely walk and he just sat down while he was directing Tim who obviously didn't know a whole lot stating that he was a Mopar Nationals judge  :rotz:

moparstuart

well if he shows it now everyone will know hes a cheat 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Birdflu

Mopar Nut

Quote from: WB General Lee on November 18, 2019, 01:49:19 PM
That's the guy. He brought some so-called know it all with him to critique the car. The guy could barely walk and he just sat down while he was directing Tim who obviously didn't know a whole lot stating that he was a Mopar Nationals judge  :rotz:

Was it Galen Govier the so-called know it all?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

WB General Lee

Not him. I don't think this guy knew much because he had to keep calling people to check out things here and there and he brought an older gentleman who acted like he knew it all and was very arrogant. I've been in this hobby for almost 40 years and I've never seen either one of them so they were basically nobody important. I think he mentioned he called Dave Wise.

Aero426

Seems like the guy gets around.    This is from 2018.

Chargen69

not sure I would admit to letting a car go under without getting all the cash.

maybe john Schneider can pay you for advertising

hemi-hampton

Here's pics of the car in Question. LEON.

hemi-hampton

:scratchchin:

hemi-hampton

hemi-hampton

A383Wing

wonder if it's going to be up for sale soon??

Bryan

hemi-hampton

Is buyer known to be a Flipper :shruggy:  LEON.

WB General Lee

Re: Sold my Charger 500
« Reply #12 on: Today at 05:26:33 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote
not sure I would admit to letting a car go under without getting all the cash.

maybe john Schneider can pay you for advertising

chargen69

I am old school and try to give people the benefit of the doubt. I could've given this car to Leon for free and it would not change anything in my life. I am definitely not going to go hungry. I have been into wing cars since I was 17 years old and I find that most of the people that are into these cars are good people. What I am saying is that people should be honorable in the hobby and this post is to call out someone for doing wrong. I don't think the guy bought the car to sell. He is just a guy that wants to be bigger than he is by playing games with people.

RallyeMike

Instead of posting this all over the place, why don't you go after this guy? You'd be doing people in the future a big favor. Perhaps YOU would not have been taken advantage of if someone else in the past had stepped up?  :Twocents:

Sorry this happened.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

WB General Lee

I never posted anything like this but felt strongly that the wing car crowd should know. This way they can be more careful than I was. I have spoken to my lawyer and we are looking at the best option to get a judgement on him.

hemi-hampton

"I am old school and try to give people the benefit of the doubt. I could've given this car to Leon for free and it would not change anything in my life. I am definitely not going to go hungry. I have been into wing cars since I was 17 years old and I find that most of the people that are into these cars are good people. What I am saying is that people should be honorable in the hobby and this post is to call out someone for doing wrong. I don't think the guy bought the car to sell. He is just a guy that wants to be bigger than he is by playing games with people."

:o  :icon_smile_big: Hey, I like the sound of that, I would of been happy to be given this car for free :drool5: :icon_smile_big:

WB General Lee

:cheers: I am playing lotto this week and if I win you will be the first one I buy a car for  :lol:

hemi-hampton

Quote from: WB General Lee on November 19, 2019, 12:39:40 AM
:cheers: I am playing lotto this week and if I win you will be the first one I buy a car for  :lol:

OK, If you win I'll take a Black 69 Hemi Daytona with red interior & red wing with red line tires. And all #'s matching. THANKS, Much Appreciated ;D  LEON.

aerolith

Its a tough World out there and Folks like to play Dirty!

I gave my real nice 69 R/T Charger to a guy to repaint for me and it turned into a nightmare!
Firstly I gets a call form the Police to ask if I had given permission to someone to drive it?
I thought it had been stolen, but quickly said the guy at the paintshop had 'insurance cover' to drive it.
They said thats OK then as he has smashed into into a Police car and done a lot of damage.
Oh well, shit happens, a least he has the skill to fix it, Yeah they said, when he gets outta jail!
Apparently he was three times over the legal alcohol limit and was already banned before... :slap:

Then months later he repairs and repaints the car a gives me a whooping great bill!
I had to sell it to pay the bill and was only left with $500... :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Life sucks... :horse:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

Ghoste

I hope it works out for you WB, at least Tim Winnie is widely known so maybe someone will push him on this.

WB General Lee

Leon I'm going to have to hit the lotto twice to buy that one LOL.

Sorry to hear about your Charger. Man I bet you did not see that coming.

I'm not sure how well known Tim is but I seem to not be getting any good reports on him after this post. Looks like an opportunist in a bad way to me.

aerolith

Flipping nightmares!

Everyone's car dealer theses days... :slap:
Come on like a Moparmate, just to turn you over... :brickwall:

I always say ''God sees everything'' so no bad deed goes unpunished... :patrol: :2guns: :horse: :angelwing:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

Ghoste

It isn't just cars, integrity in general is in short supply.

tan top

Quote from: WB General Lee on November 18, 2019, 10:03:17 AM
I POSTED THIS ON FACEBOOK BUT I FIGURED I WOULD PUT IT HERE ALSO
SOLD MY 500 AND REGRET IT!
FYI-DON'T EVER DEAL WITH A GUY NAMED TIM WINNIE FROM PENNSYLVANIA
This guy ran me around for six months and I waited on him because he told me he really wanted this car. I didn't advertise it although I had other people that wanted it but I figured I'd be a nice guy. That's the last time I do that. The guy came out to look at the car and had me fix a few things on it and told me he would split the cost which he didn't. Then told me he had to sell his Challenger because his wife wouldn't let him buy another car. I guess we know who wears the pants. He came to pick up the car and brought some guy with him to try to pick the car apart. He was talking about some screw that was the wrong one which is absolutely ridiculous. The car was a rotisserie restoration and was beautiful. He was 3K short of the money and I told him OK as long as you promise to pay, you can have the car. He gave me a baseball to hold that is worth absolutely nothing. Now after taking the car he will not answer the phone for close to two months. It looks to have been his plan form the get go. This is why I am posting this to let people know what kind of guy he is. People who know me know I am a straight shooter. The only reason I sold the car because I bought a Superbird. I guess it's my bad for being a nice guy but I will definitely learn a lesson from this.

bummer ! sorry to hear this !  I agree  what the others say ! never let the car go unless your paid in full first !  don't trust anyone ! but  having said that i'm old fashioned in some ways , a fellow mopar enthusiast  is well a mopar brother & i'm expecting them to have the same values & integrity as my self, would give parts  if someone really needs them etc  do a deal on a hand shake that's as good as its written in stone etc owe money always pay etc , my conscience would not allow any other way! always treat people how you would be want to be treated your self etc  , sadly the world is / has changed , mores  the pitty seems to be full off more & more A holes!  
 this Guy is being pretty brave  mopar world is a pretty small world & aero mopars even smaller & smaller still  with the internet etc   I would not have the nerve to stand next to my C500 at a show  knowing I screwed the last owner out of 3 grand , sounds like he was just trying it on & knew what he was doing , I don't know the ins & outs of your deal with the car cash or ... & its none of my business ! but if it was cash , you count the money out before your leave & don't  say , woops i'm three grand short while at the owners house about to do the deal.  maybe your get a call from him in a little while saying how he been sick or some family emergency  etc thats why he no paid the rest  or some bull shit story like that , once he finds out  its all over the internet about his antics & trying to save face etc
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

WB General Lee

Just seeing this. Good points, thanks. I would have never commented on here but I felt like this was the perfect place and I spoke the truth. This way as you said maybe he will be embarrassed when or if he takes the car out. Maybe not though because I have heard a few other stories about him since that day so it looks like he is just that way. Like you said it's a tight knit community and the wing car people seem to have a lot of class.

No he didn't short me on the money. He came with 3K short with another new guy to gang up and pick the car apart so I would just say ok take it for less. He was waiting on his Challenger to get done so he could sell it and buy mine. He gave me the baseball and we shook hands with the understanding that he would pay the money and I would give the ball back. He said the ball is worth $2500 but I knew it wasn't and was in a situation. He had the trailer there and in  hindsight I should've just said when you have the rest come get the car.

When I get back from MCCAN I am going to take action. At least answer your phone after two months.

BTW I just talk to a PSA authenticator at the show here, and he told me that their baseball is fake.

chargerbird

When someone is short on money.. make it simple at that moment.. I would have taken the wheels off , the hood, and interior front and back seats. and air cleaner ..and then say when you coe up with the 3 grand, come back I have these parts for you.    its amazing how they end up finding the money at the last :Twocents: moment

sccachallenger

Quote from: chargerbird on November 24, 2019, 12:46:18 PM
When someone is short on money.. make it simple at that moment.. I would have taken the wheels off , the hood, and interior front and back seats. and air cleaner ..and then say when you coe up with the 3 grand, come back I have these parts for you.    its amazing how they end up finding the money at the last :Twocents: moment

Great idea!

A buddy of mine used to put "most" of the agreed price in his wallet when buying parts.
If the seller stood firm he magically "found" the rest.
More often than not this got him a better price!

fc7_plumcrazy

any follow up?
Did you receive the balance?

Carsten

WB General Lee

Since the sale there has been no contact from him which shows his intentions from the get go. My lawyer is filling a lawsuit to go for double the amount plus fees because of the fraudulent baseball and signature.  He said I will get a judgement on him. Then there are other things that I won't mention yet. He was to busy over the holidays but it's definitely going to happen. Updates to come. Thanks and Happy New Year everyone.

held1823

nail his ass to the wall, mark
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

tan top

Quote from: WB General Lee on December 29, 2019, 09:18:06 AM
Since the sale there has been no contact from him which shows his intentions from the get go. My lawyer is filling a lawsuit to go for double the amount plus fees because of the fraudulent baseball and signature.  He said I will get a judgement on him. Then there are other things that I won't mention yet. He was to busy over the holidays but it's definitely going to happen. Updates to come. Thanks and Happy New Year everyone.

thanks for the update  fingers crossed you get this sorted out  !  
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

Since the sale there has been no contact from him which shows his intentions from the get go. My lawyer is filling a lawsuit to go for double the amount plus fees because of the fraudulent baseball and signature.  He said I will get a judgement on him. Then there are other things that I won't mention yet. He was to busy over the holidays but it's definitely going to happen. Updates to come. Thanks and Happy New Year everyone.
Great news hope you get him 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi-hampton

Hope it all works out. Happy Holidays Mark & everybody else. LEON.

Aero426

How did this work out?   I just saw a photo of your old 500 on Facebook and it jogged my memory.