News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone know this Road Runner

Started by wingcar, November 19, 2019, 10:12:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingcar

Anyone have any information on a Pink Road Runner that had a Superbird nose and wing added.
The car was active a few years back in California, having been shown at car shows.

Anyone know the current owner of this wingcar? 
I have information about the Road Runner that would interest the owner...

Thanks for the help
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

wingcar

Sorry...forgot to include that it was a convertible Road Runner... :slap:

Redbird

I believe Dean Quimby owned such a car a number of years ago.

Birdflu

He did...that car ended up going somewhere in the Northeast.

nascarxx29

We took a FM 3 1970 satellite conv and real superbird parts car
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

wingcar

Are you sure it started life as a Satellite convertible and not an actually Road Runner?   If that is the case I may have the wrong VIN (and Car).  I have the VIN number for a Road Runner convertible with a 383.

Now I would really like to find Mr. Quimby.....

moparstuart

Quote from: wingcar on November 19, 2019, 02:59:04 PM
Are you sure it started life as a Satellite convertible and not an actually Road Runner?   If that is the case I may have the wrong VIN (and Car).  I have the VIN number for a Road Runner convertible with a 383.

Now I would really like to find Mr. Quimby.....
there is another pink one that was in Minnesota for a few years , but has since changed hands again and i believe it started as a Road Runner  had black interior and top  . Unlike the one Dave is talking about that has white top and gut .  
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Birdflu

Deans '70 Road Runner Convertible Superbird clone started life as a real Road Runner convertible. The local Road Runner 'purists' used to give him $hit about 'ruining' a Road Runner convertible vs. using a Satellite convertible. Which then that would have irked me as I own a '70 Satellite convertible!  :rofl: :rofl:
Anyway, I can get a hold of Dean, but what good would that do aside from confirming a VIN number of the car in question? He sold the car 5-7 years ago, he doesn't remember exactly when other than he be believes the car went to PA or somewhere out East.

moparstuart

Quote from: Birdflu on November 19, 2019, 03:32:59 PM
Deans '70 Road Runner Convertible Superbird clone started life as a real Road Runner convertible. The local Road Runner 'purists' used to give him $hit about 'ruining' a Road Runner convertible vs. using a Satellite convertible. Which then that would have irked me as I own a '70 Satellite convertible!  :rofl: :rofl:
Anyway, I can get a hold of Dean, but what good would that do aside from confirming a VIN number of the car in question? He sold the car 5-7 years ago, he doesn't remember exactly when other than he be believes the car went to PA or somewhere out East.
mines a Satellite    :icon_smile_big: :nana:  EB3   blue   originally

Swampwing2

Quote from: moparstuart on November 19, 2019, 03:35:23 PM
mines a Satellite    :icon_smile_big: :nana:

Mine too.  :cheers:  Did anyone ever make a list of all the vertibirds out there? Probably not worth it since it's a pretty short list, but curious how many of there are.

moparstuart

Quote from: Swampwing2 on November 19, 2019, 04:56:52 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on November 19, 2019, 03:35:23 PM
mines a Satellite    :icon_smile_big: :nana:

Mine too.  :cheers:  Did anyone ever make a list of all the vertibirds out there? Probably not worth it since it's a pretty short list, but curious how many of there are.
I have  ,
as many as i can find  , I post them all in a thread on this board           http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,12212.0.html

62 Max

Wasn't one of those pink cars involved in a fire a few years ago ?

Wingnut426

Wasn't Gary Lazar's Hemi Superbird Convertible made from a wrecked Hemi Bird and a 70 pink Sport Satellite? WINGNUT
HEMI Daytona Convertible

wingcar

Looks like it was Dean's car that I was thinking of.....it was for sale just a short time ago...

markmopar

Quote from: 62 Max on November 19, 2019, 06:00:08 PM
Wasn't one of those pink cars involved in a fire a few years ago ?

That was Mike Spano's car in NJ.